Down in the Dumps

Thursday, January 12, 2006


I was really debating about whether or not I should or would publish this post. I don't really like to talk about my feelings much especially, if I'm feeling down, but I guess Imma do it any way.

F*ck it, right!

Express yo self Nic!

Okay, so here I go:

~Deep Sigh~



I have been in a real funk here lately. The sad part about it is that I don’t even know why. It’s not like some specific event happened that caused me to feel this way. Nope, I can’t say that is it at all. I don’t know what it is.

I was reading Bajan Queen’s post from this past Monday and she talked about how that which does not kill you, shall make you stronger, or something to that effect. Is this really true? If so, then I should be the strongest woman in the world, or at least one of the strongest. But I don’t think that I am that strong. No where even close. If I was then I would not be in this funk, or maybe I am stronger than I realize?

~Sigh~

I don’t know?!?!?!

It seems that I have lost the luster and joyfulness that I once possessed. I haven’t found any pleasure in the things that I normally like to do here lately. I guess that’s why the title of my blog is
“N” Search of
Ecstasy, cause that is what I seek.

The big question is how will I get there?



I know that I definitely can’t get there by being all down in the dumps and I know that I gotta snap outta this. But how can I when I don't even know why exactly I'm feeling like this. I'm just praying that the Lord will bring me out of this slump.


This is Superstar Nic

No Where Near Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 7:03 PM, |

15 Comments:

It's just natural ups and downs and your hormones don't make it any easier! LOL

Don't worry. This moment of funk shall pass, and soon! I'd bet money on it!
((Hugs)) girl!

everyone feels down every now and then. Look at your situation and then look around - you're doing big things Hon.

Maybe you can draw....just something small that makes you happy.

smile sweetie
i'm there too. don't sweat it, luv. knowing the dumps make you appreciate the good all the more. you'll get past it eventually. i'm with mwabi...take some time and focus on finding something that will at the very least hold you down until the spell is over.
  At 1/12/2006 11:27 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Superstar, it's so natural for anyone to feel down at times. Don't be so hard on yourself. During the times that we are "goin through", that's the time that we are evolving into the next stage of our growth. Feel it, try to learn the lesson that it was meant for, embrace it---and by then, you are motivated to replenish what has been lost & energized to find what you are so deservingly seeking. Keep on doin'what you do girl! ENJOY the rest of your week>>>Pure Ecstasy can not be found but you can certainly possess it. We grew up together..from the halls of Escambia High School>>You were determined then, and You are determined now.LOL...Your Ace Boon Coon from the dirty dirty south-Brown Sugar
Thank you all very much!

I appreciate the words of encouragement and you guys are giving some GREAT advice tonight!!!!

~Nic~
You have so much on your plate right now and I think that's part of it. Your new job and trying to finish up school, those are BIG things girlie. Also post-holidays and winter itself can cause the blahs. You'll be fine, just wait and see.

I'm in the dumps myself, but I think it's due to me being in the house for the last 5 weeks.
You do have a lot going on. Has there been a lot of sunshine down there? If not then that could be the cause of your mood too.

I'm am a product of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm a better person having gone through the things that I did.
In the words of someone who encouraged me when I was in a funk (you)..things will be fine. In my own words you exhibit strength in your posts and I know that this down period will only bring bigger and brighter things....there is always a rainbow after the storm (I know corny huh lol) I love your posts lol have a great weekend especially if it includes this monday off (smile)
I think it's an epidemic.....

There are times when this kind of funk just comes upon you for no apparent reason....you could be happy as hell and the next min a dark cloud from outta nowhere just hangs over your head....

I have to agree with Nikki don't give into the feeling tooo much think of something good to stem the flow of negativity.

If it helps at all....I to am going through the dumps!! *sigh*

~Smooches~
I think I can help, Nic. Get some cocoa butter, some maraschino cherries, two pillowcases, a slingshot, and five grapes. Then meet me in Michigan!

KZ
Keep ya head up baby!
  At 1/13/2006 3:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Girl it'll get better
Once again, I want to thank everyone for being so kind and for all of the positive comments and encouragement!!!

KZ, you got me LMFAO!!!

U R so crazy!
Girl don't give in. Talk to someone, that might help to find out what is wrong. Everybody gets down at some point. The problem is if you stay there then you need to seek medical advice. But it could just be the weather or something.
I am not sure if knowing that you are not the only one going through is comforting, but sista you are not alone. I can totally relate to how you say that you are feeling. My cousin is ABD, as well, and she is goingthrough the same thing. Just keep the faith! It'll all pass soon.