On Vacation This Week!!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005


What it be like bloggers?


I’m on vacation this week. WHOO HOO!!!



Unfortunately, instead of my vacation being spent in a place like this:



Its being being spent doing stuff like this:



But at least I still have this:



I’m at home trying to get my dissertation proposal ready for defense in a couple of weeks.

~~Sigh~~

I swear I am so sick of school and working on this dissertation that I do not know what to do. Sometimes I feel like I could literally just drop out right now and never finish what I started. I see now why so many people never finish their PhDs. Even though I'm done with my "classes" there is still so much bullshyt to go through writing this damn research proposal!





I hate this and I could just scream!!! Grrrrrrr.....






I’ve not been really doing much with it lately which is why I had so much time to dedicate to the blog. But , my time now is starting to become very limited though. Between trying to get back into the swing of things with school and dedicating time and energy to learning my new job (which is program evaluation and evaluation research ), my internet time is becoming less and less ;-(

So, today I will be working on my power point presentation for my dissertation proposal defense (how boring). Once you get to the disseration phase, Christmas break really means nothing. The dissertation is year round work I will not be able to rest until I get this done. Its like a dark cloud hanging over my head. I figure if I go ahead and get it out of the way, then I can relax and enjoy the rest of my week.

********Update Added @ 7:20pm *********

WHY can't I get my act together???

It is after 7pm and I have surfed the net, washed clothes, talked on the phone, and cooked dinner, but I have not added one slide to the power point presentation I'm supposed to be working on. I can do everything in the damn world except what I'm supposed to be doing!!

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh!


I am such a LOSER!!!!


Some of you may have already seen this one, but it was just too cute for me not to share it!!!

Click here to watch Freshmen 15



This is Superstar Nic

Wishing You Very Happy Holidays

&

I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 5:02 PM, |

20 Comments:

  At 12/28/2005 5:08 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Girl good luck with your dissertation. I know you can do it and so do you.

I've been reading your blog for about a month now. I just started one so check me out.
  At 12/28/2005 5:31 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
WHAT UP?!?!?!

Girl, you have been working on this dissertation since I've known you. I can't wait till you are done with everything; I know you will be soooo relieved. Plus, I can't wait till your Graduation party.....u know that shit gonna be off the chain!!
@ Southern gal - Thanks!!! I will be sure to check out your blog. These things are addictive aren't they (LOL)?

@ Crazy WG - Yes, this dissertation has been giving me fits for a very long time now. I can't wait for the graduation party to!!!
Don't let the dissertation drive you nuts-it soon finish.Happy New Year to you
Reading the requirements for your dissertation gave me a headache. I've always found academic writing slightly less painful than performing home castrations with a rusty spoon. I can only imagine how it must feel to write one.

Will you be done with academia after your doctorate or will you attempt earning a second one?
@ Abeni - I will try to stay sane and Happy New Year to you to.

@ Freaky D - It I can ever get through this one, there is no way in hell that I will ever go back to school!!!!

I pray that I can get the strength, endurance, and patience to finish this degree, let alone another one!
But I am proud of ya!
Thanks Brother Buck!!!
Your a procrastinator, not a loser sistah! We procrastinator can only work well under pressure. You'll come through with flying colors Dr. Nic..
Shawn you are so right (smile)! I could only smile when I read your comment because procrastinating is me all the way! Gosh, why though? I need to quit it, LOL ;-)
Look here, Nic...

*Ladylee pimp slapping Nic through the internet*

SMACK!!!

You are not a loser... You're just afraid of failure. Yep, you're gonna feel that way (I would be looking at you with a raised eyebrow if you were all chipper about the whole process), but you've come too far...I've been through the process... What you're going through (the fear, the doubt, the procrastination, the tears, etc.)is NORMAL!Get it? NORMAL!

I got my Ph.D. in Organic Synthetic chemistry back in 1998... I won't whitewash the dissertation process. No one should EVER go through such a hair-raising experience. I'm still pissed off about it, and it took me a few YEARS to get over that craziness! Thing is, that ish was some bullshit hoop jumping CRAP to go through, but that's the thing.

You go THROUGH... this whole thing is temporary, you know...

You've come this far... Sit your ass down and keep it moving, homegirl!

Where's your support system? Who else is at the same stage in the program as you? Call them up and go somewhere and get wasted. Cry in your gin and juice. Get it all out. (That's how we use to do it.)

Then sit down and get to writing that proposal. The situation is just like a freakin' hairdo... TEMPORARY!!

A classmate and I had a saying: "It's gonna get done...Why? Because it always gets done!"

Go on and get this title that NO ONE will EVER be able to take from you!! EVER!

Holla at me on my blog if you need a pep talk or two! Email me your phone # if you want. I'll get your ass in gear! Believe that!
@ LadyLee – LOL…Thanks for the pep talk (and the pimp slap). I certainly do need someone to crack the whip on me every now and then so I can get my ass in gear. Your PhD is in Ph.D. in Organic Synthetic Chemistry, WHOA!!! That is magnificent! I know that was not an easy process at all.

I’m hopeful that some time in 2006 I will be graduating. That is my new year’s resolution….To finish this dissertation (ALL OF IT)!

@ Jaimie – Thanks girlie! Happy New Year to you to.
Hey girl! Still in ATL. We could have hang out.

GET TO WORK!!!! LOL

I'm so proud of you girl...getting your PhD and all...

Do it for all of us girl...no pressure LOL
I'm with mwabi. Do it for all us! I'm proud like I've raised you or something.....LOL.

I might go back and get my Masters, but probably not. I'll take classes for the rest of my life here and there. Hell I'm tired.

If you have a party celebrating your PHD, I will definately fly to the FL and party with you. Awww hell, you gotta have a party!!!!
@ Mwabi - I came home from ATL on Monday, but the next time I'm there we all need to have a bloggers bash cause its so many bloggers that live in ATL, LOL

@ Shawn - Yeah, there will definitely be a party and when I say a party I mean a PARTAY. I'm already saving up for that big bash!!!!!!!!
Is that your room? I would never leave!!! I am for real. It's beautiful XTC. Gorgeous. And it's looks like it gets pretty dark in there too. I would never wake up. I see why you used to be late to work....lol. GOod luck on your purposal. I help draw up purposal ( I don't write it, but I help correlate) and it's hard work. I couldn't imagine writing all that paperwork.
WOW! Sounds like you doing big thangs. You can do it!!!
You know your blog peeps are your cheerleaders.
Holla!
You know that you will get it done with flying colors so we can call you Dr. Superstar Nic!!!

Happy New Year!
Do your thing! More power to "n" search of ecstasy! I love a brainy woman. I know that you will knock it out!
Whew!!! (((cyber hugs for Nic)))