I Can't Believe It's Over!!!

Monday, January 02, 2006



Well, here I sit at the end of my vacation. I can't believe that it's over already ;-(


~Sigh~

I have not been feeling to good today. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something, my tummy is slightly nauseated, and I don't have much of an appetite.

A friend of mine joked that it's just because I don't wanna go to work tomorrow. LOL...trust me that is not true, at least I don't think that is it, LOL...






I could just cry!!!!








It always amazes me how fast time off work can zoom by. What’s worse is, I have been off for a total of 10 days (including the weekend) and I did not accomplish two of the most important tasks that I was supposed to while I was off which were to review the training manual that I brought home from work and to complete the powerpoint presentation for my dissertation proposal defense.
Why is it that I never seem to get the things done that I plan to when I go on a vacation and stay home? I specifically take this type of vacation at least once a year for R&R and to get things done that I know I need to do, but yet and still I always come up short. Perhaps I needed to added "sticking to the plans" to my list of New Year's Resolutions!!!???

Can we say “procrastination at it’s best”!!!


I am mad at myself for that to….



One positive thing about my vacation is that
I had the opportunity to get a lot of rest!



Unfortunately, all of that rest is not going to help me tomorrow when I’m sitting in the 3 meetings that I have scheduled and while I’m sitting at my desk reading my training manual trying desperately not to fall asleep! Remember....I've only been on the new job for one week, prior to going on my vacation....


What is I’z gonna do???

I know that I am going to be sooooooo fricking sleepy at work after being off all this time. That's the bad part about being on vacation. My body is used to staying up till 4am every nite and sleeping past noon every day. This is not going to make getting up in the morning easy for me at ALL!



I guess I will be sucking down alot of coffee tomorrow!

Arrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!



This is Superstar Nic

Hoping You Enjoyed The Holidays

&

I'm out!


"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 8:53 PM, |

20 Comments:

And you're sick to boot. *ahhh*

I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about putting things off.

Vacation is all about having fun and relaxing...not catching up on work. All the important things slip by unnoticed, or to be put off until a later date...with is usually the day or night before work, or school! *boo hoo*

It sucks I know but, you'll do your best and keep smiling like I know you do.

Again I hope you feel better soon.

~Smooches~
@ Bajan Queen - Thanks...I hope I am not still feeling ill when I get up in the morning....I truly did enjoy my time off work to.

@ Accomplice --LMAO...That's what you get (smile). Of course you know that I can't even attempt to sneak on to the blogs at a my new job, so you should consider yourself lucky *wink, wink*
Hope you're feeing better! 'Aint preggers, is you?
You must be sick since your procrastinator's adreneline didn't kick in. Feel better sistah!
Since you can draw you can always paint eyes on your eye lids. As long as you can sleep sitting up and don't snore you might get away with it. You'll probably nod a lot considering you'll be asleep so don't get upset if you end up agreeing to stay late, date people you don't know or aren't into, or loaning money to the broke chick down the hall.
Hows it a vacation if you still have to do work?!?!
Hey Nic!!

Just found your blog today...good stuff! So sorry you're not feelin well hun. I feel the exact same way right now, except I KNOW it's because I don't want to work in the morning. Like you, my clock is off and I'm wide awake at 2am. My alarm will go off in less than 4 hours. Darn those federal holidays and long weekends!!

Hope you feel betta soon.
Hey gurl, I just wanted to stop by to say Happy New Year.
Giiiiiiiiirl I feel you on trying to stay away the whole work day! And you got meetings too! Lawwwwd heppa NAH! LOL

Hate to hear that your still ill but imma beat you for not spending at least a hour on your power point out of 10 days! LOL
Procrastinators unite!

We must help one another!!!!

Smile :)
I know the feeling, sitting at my desk in work and just plain lazy wishing i could go back to bed! sigh!
  At 1/03/2006 9:15 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I loved the drawings.
Sleep? What is that? Waking up at noon? Is there such a thing?

wait til you have kids (if you ever have kids) you will never sleep again!

I'm not usually in bed til after midnight, but I am always up at 6am, and this is me sleeping in on VACATION! I have two more weeks off, then I'll be getting up at 5am... again.

I have a cold too, ugh... nasty-ness
I dont really take to many days off work because when you get back its crazy. At least you got some rest, Hope you enjoyed it!
I know it's terrible to have to go back to work after being off for a while. Everytime I always think if I could just make enough money to be on vacation permanently. But I know that I would get bored because everybody else would be at work. : )
OH NO! She's PREGNANT!

LOL!

Just kidding girl! Hope you feel better soon, though...

I can't take more than 3 days off from work at at time. A couple of years ago I took a 2 week Christmas vacation. I wasn't fully functional at work again until late March! So no more long vacations for me for a minute...

Big up, Nic!!! Get that presentation done. 3 slides a night. That'll work!

LadyLee
I thought your post was about the fact that 2005 was over. Glad you got some good rest though!
I'm a procrastinator too! I have all these "errands" and "chores" to do when I'm off... R&R just sounds so much better doesn't it?!?

Hope you feel better.. Happy New Year!
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I can't respond to everyone tonight because I just got home and from now on, my bedtime is 10pm on work nights (at least thats what I'm shooting for)! Plus I'm still not feeling my best ;-(

@ Supa Sista and Lady Lee -- I definitely am not w/child, LOL. Me with a baby as much as I like to sleep PLEASE!!!!! LOL

LadyLee - doing three slides a night is an EXCELLENT idea!
You and your graphics, I love it!
At least you got some rest... shoot!

thanks for the love. I love seeing your face in my comment section, lol.