Happy Friday Dudes and Dudettes

Friday, May 19, 2006
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

I'm so happy that it is Friday. Yipee!

I survived the presentation, thank goodness. I'll tell a little more about that on Monday. I've really been enjoying the conference. They've been talking about some very interesting topics with regard to women's health. There was even a topic entitled "Hip Hop Sexual Imagery's Influence on African American Female Sexual Risk Taking Attitudes and Behavioral Outcomes". Now that was a fabulous presentation. I never really thought of people actually doing research in this area and actually looking at the affects of hip-hop music videos (among other things) on behavior. This presenter also talked about the media's influence on violence against women. Needless to say, I learned alot.

After the conference, I went shopping and out to dinner with one of my sisters. Did I ever mention that my youngest sister works part-time w/in my department? Well she does work there with me in the Division of Chronic Disease, so she came to the conference to.

We had a pretty good evening. We went to an outlet mall, so after that shit and getting a full belly at this steak and rib joint, I am good and ready for bed.

Anyhoo, have a fabulous weekend and orgasms for everyone!



This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 11:11 AM, |

13 Comments:

We knew you would do well, you knew too! It'll be interesting to hear what you learned!

Orgasms??? What in the blue blazin' are those? LOL Have a good weekend hun!
nice to know everythin is going good!! keep it upz!!
I'm glad the presentation went okay!

I will be having plenty of fun in the sun, with a little sex sprinkled in!

Have a good weekend!
wishing you a fab weekend too...

so what did you learn from the hip hop and sex lecture.
Orgasms for everyone? Do you kiss children and the elderly with that mouth, Dr.? LOL!

All of this worrying and the presentation was probably a piece of cake for you. Hope you had a blast.
Have a happy weekend NIC!!!1
Where do I sign up for the orgasms for everyone? Have a great weekend
@ Ladynay – Yes, the presentation did go well, but there is a funny story to tell behind it, LOL. U have a good weekend to!

@ latinachik4lif – thanks chica! Tiene un fin de semana maravilloso.
@ LUVIN ME – Thanks! I’m so glad that its over that I don’t know what to do with myself. Sounds like you have a great weekend in store. Have fun girlie!

@ No1Special – at the lecture I learned that for African and Latino Americans, entertainment programming has become the most important source of information and socialization and that the imagery seen in music video definitely influences attitudes and beliefs. It was brought to the forefront that hip hop music is a valuable tool that can be used to explore gender relations in this country. The presenters also indicated that expresses mainstream American ideas that have now been internalized and embedded into the psyches of American people of color over time. For instance, many of the videos and/or song lyrics seem sexist but it is only portraying the gender discrimination that has gone on around the world for years. More on this topic to come in a future post ;-)

@ Freaky Deaky – Yes, I absolutely kiss children, the elderly, and sometimes those in between w/this mouth…I wouldn’t exactly say that the presentation was a piece of cake. I so damn scared.

@ FREE AGENT – Have a great weekend yourself hun!

@ KZ – What it do?!?!? Yep, orgasms for you to ;-)

@ T. Cas - The orgasms for everyone sign up sheet will be posted next week, LOL.
Sounds like you have had fun!
i really needed the bible verse of the day...thanx

and shopping is always fun, i can imagine how fun it is to do with sisters!!
that title is a mouthful.. but im glad you learned from it! hope you had a good weekend...
I would love if my sister worked with me. She is a wonderful lady. You are so lucky to have that arrangement!
hehehe@orgasms for everyone.