In A Bad Fucking Mood

Tuesday, May 09, 2006
I had a bad fucking day at work on yesterday and I definitely got a bad attitude right now!




The end of last week wasn’t so great either, so I almost blew a fucking gasket yesterday. I'm sick of this shit. All of these damn deadlines back to back are about to run me crazy. Not to mention people constantly riding me about my work. They nit pick on everything little thing that I do wrong or that I don't do quick enough. It’s always Nic, do you do such and such. Nic why didn’t you do this? Nic why didn’t you do that. Well Nic, I wouldn't do that way, I normally do it this way. Oh yeah Nic, I have one more thing I need you to do [I don’t care what you are currently doing – drop everything and do this now]. I’m I just tell you the “not so bad” stuff. I can’t even tell you the shit that had my blood boiling down at work yesterday. The shit is just too fucked up and I don’t even wanna bring it up here, but yall just don't know the bullshit that I have been going through.

Do you think that I would ever get any praise for a job well done, working through lunch, or taking work home with me to make sure the job is done and that I ALWAYS meet my deadlines? Does that matter in the least?

HELL NAW!

No matter what I do its never good enough. I can't when for losing.

I’m so stressed I could cry at any moment and I mean that literally! Not only am I stressed, I'm tired. I sick and tired of being sick and muthfucking tired. I'm tired of all always ending up with the short end of the stick.

Then on top of EVERYTHING else, I found out last night that all of the proposal revisions that I thought were due on Friday must be turned in today, because my dissertation chair is going out of town and won’t be back till Monday. If I don’t turn in proposal before he leaves, it will be late and that will require re-defense. As if my day was not fucked up enough already but that’s exactly what my ass gets for waiting until the last minute. Like I said, I don't know why I get myself into this mess -- I'm paying for it now though!


I’ve been having chest pain for a week or two now and I know that it is all stress related. I actually had a fledge panic attack today. I need to go check out Dr. Deb’s site. Maybe she has some posts that can point out ways to relieve this stress and anxiety.


glitter graphics




I'm not sure if you have seen these pics of Paul Wall's Wedding before, so I decided to share.












This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"


 
posted by Superstar Nic at 6:01 AM, |

9 Comments:

Stress kills, your smart and in the health field so you know it's true! Get a hold of it babe!

That's jacked up they bumped the date on your revisions cuz the chair wants to go out of town! I'd be heated too!
When you start spending your nights and weekends thinking about work, it's time to step back and reevaluate things. Stress is only going to make you sick or worse. First things first, ask for more reasonable deadlines, ask your boss to put in writing what she expects you to have done for the week and stick to it. If they want to you to stop what you're doing and something else then put it in writing and have them sign it. Don't take work home with you every weekend. Once a month may be okay but no more then that. If it can't be finished at work then the deadline is obviously too short.

Your dissertation chair is extremely inconsiderate. File a letter of complaing or protest to the appropriate person. If the chair can move your revisions forward then he/she should also have the ability to move it back. Nice guys (and women) finish last. Sometimes you have to play the villain.

I know a couple of ways you can relieve some stress. ;o)

I give great hugs and my shoulders are broad so if you need to cry then cry away.
Girl:

I know. I work in a very deadline READ: (I effed up and now I need your help) driven environment where there is no accountability and NO room

But guess what, Supastar? They are not going to change. It's the beast of Corporate AmeriKKKA. So, you have to make the transformation, love.

Check out my Corporate America Jargon post.

http://pattyopolis.blogspot.com/2006/04/corporate-america-jargon.html

It's not easy, though.

On a side note. . .Which anonymous person were YOU in the secrets post. The suspense is killing me.
Girl, take it easy, cheer up, and don't hurt nobody!!!
i hope things get better, just remember he doesnt give us anymore than we can handle.

Paul wall....um is that his baby mama that he married
I know just how you feel. Im having a hell of a week.... Im either going to crack or going to smoke Crack..... I havent decided yet. LOL Cheer up girl!!!!
Awww...sorry to hear that you're having a tough time at it. Work related stress can kill you..take it easy and put the gun down...lol
Thanks for the words of advice everyone. You are right, stress does kill and the chest pain that I have been having is definitely stress related! I have so much on my plate. I just need me a damn vacation so that I can get away from EVERYTHING and put the gun down, LOL.
P - I'm LMAO @ you asking me about my anonymous post. I need to go take a look at what I wrote to see if I would not be to shame to actually reveal.

As a matter of fact, I think I will do just that in a future post (smile).