American Idol

Thursday, May 25, 2006
http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics





How many of you watch American Idol?

This was the first time since the show started that I have ever watched the entire season. Sure, I’ve always loved watching those idiots that swear they can sing make a fool outta themselves during the audiences, but I’ve never watched the entire season.

I’m so happy my boy Taylor pulled it off! I have to admit though, when I first started watching this season there were a lot of really good singers. I remember the first time I saw his audition and I thought to myself, ‘damn he’s got allot of soul’. Even with all of that soul, at that particular moment even though he made it thru to Hollywood, I still did not necessarily think that he would make it to be the Idol. But Simon said that shit last night and I be damned if he wasn’t right about the outcome of the votes (AGAIN). If my memory serves me right, he’s only be wrong once when he was predicting who would be going home and the muthfucka was right again!

Nevertheless, as the season rolled on and as some of my favorites were eliminated, Taylor grew on me more and more. There was just something about him. He really seems to have a quirky personality, but what it is that I like about him so much is that he is so different. Different from all of the other contestants and different from the societal norm.

Everyone kept saying ‘he should die that gray hair’ or ‘he should do this or he should do that’, but he didn’t do it! He said fuck societal norms, I just gonna be me and I think that along with his soulful voice won him that crown of American Idol. Why is it that everyone has to conform to what society said is hot or sexy or pretty or popular. Man fuck that! I was happy to see that American loved someone that did not conform to what this society deems as someone from the ‘in crowd’. I’m glad that they did not demand that the Idol be a Barbie. Don’t get me wrong, Barbies have talent to, but it was just good to see the outcome of the show go against the grain. Its difficult for me to explain, but I think most will understand the point I’m trying to make.




'American Idol' finalists Taylor Hicks (R) of Birmingham, Alabama and Katharine McPhee of Los Angeles acknowledge the crowd during the show's finale at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood May 24, 2006.



Former contestant Elliott Yamin of Richmond, Va., right, kisses the hand of Mary J. Blige as they perform.



Pay Attention To What U Put N UR Mouth




http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics

Let me tell you a little be about what's going on with me. I’ve mentioned a couple of times that I have been having some issues with a certain coworker. Well, let me elaborate on this a bit more. My supervisor is 2nd in command of my division, so she stay either outta town or extremely busy. That being the case she has the person that had been filling in for my position until I was hired train me.

Anyway, this person really seems to have it in for me and is always riding me. They never have any positive to say and is always nit picking my assignments. Well on Monday, I receive some comments on a report that I had been working on. I have submitted this assignment to hear on 3 different occasions. Each time they have written her comments and suggestion and then gives it back to me. Well this last time one of the comments that Hater wrote said some of the things I wrote sounded like it was something that I got out of a text book or like something I got off a website and that this makes it seem like I don’t know what I’m talking about. They also said that the users of the report would not be able follow. The comment went on to say that, it needed to be re-written in a more understandable manner. I was like WTF???

First of all, what the hell difference does it make if I did (which I didn’t) get it from a textbook. I guess they are thinking it that it is impossible for me to write something sensible with my own knowledge. I have to get my shit out of a fucking book or the internet. As for people not understanding it or being able to follow, well I think that it is time they learned. My reports along with a glossary of the standard terms used would be an excellent opportunity for the entire department to learn more; besides that’s a bunch of bullshit anyway. I’ve already shown it to others and no one had any questions nor did they have a problem with the terminology. I mean, I’m a fucking evaluator, shouldn’t any reports, plans, or analyses that I do have standard evaluation terminology? Hell I think so. Wouldn’t you expect a doctor to have medical terminology in his/her reports? I would dammit!

I could see if the shit was flat out wrong or used in an incorrect manner, this person saying that I got it outta a book. So fucking what if I did? Man please, let me get off of this shit because all of this shit that is going on at that job is getting on my nerves. I guess the dumb lil black girl can’t do shit right round there.

People keep saying I need to talk to my boss, but I have no where to even begin. Advice on what to say to my boss would be greatly appreciated.

Pardon the typos and grammatical errors. There is no time to proof read this shit. I'm going to bed!


Until the next time blog family,
be easy and have a great day!



This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"


 
posted by Superstar Nic at 11:02 AM, |

12 Comments:

Dang girl, Hater isn't trying to give you credit for actually knowing your stuff!!!!! I don't have any nuggets of wisdom for you conversation with the boss but I am sure others do....

Hope your rest last night brought you down a few stress levels....
damn she riding you for no reason....and if you have gone through 3 revisions....obviously she is not telling you what she wants, sounds like shee's giving you vague assessments and pot shots, instead of constructive criticism (sp).....at this point you need to sit down with her and get her to give you specifics....what exastly cant she understand...tell her others have read it, and understand it...she needs to be more specific....

as for the rest...i'm not sure how to, but you need to talk to her about how all the negatives are draining you and lowering you morale....surely there must be something positive to say....
Watch your back and document everything..........and try not to let it get to u..know the sayin KILL EM WITH KINDESS :)
I think I'm the only person at my job who doesnt watch American Idol. I'm totally lost when they have their conversations about it.

As far as the job, just know that whatever you say to your boss is gonna filter back to 2nd in command, so be careful in what you bring up and have specific situations documented. You dont want to come accross as someone who complains about little things.
haters lurk everywhere.

If anything she's probably jealous at the fact that you are advancing to a higher level. Some people tend to get upset when it seems like someone could possibly be doing better then them, be it educationally, financially, socially or whatever.

Take it in stride and as *Free Agent* said,document every single thing. Don't stoop to their level because in the long run, seeing you press on and succeed will piss them off more then you saying anything to them ever could.

Good luck with everything.. I'm sure things will work out for you!
Office drama is the worst drama because you have to see those haters on a regular basis!

I would just let my boss see one of my reports, and ask for his/her opinion. If he/she says that the report is fine, then I would tell him/her what is going on.
SupaStar Nic:

I was going to talk in detail about one thing until I got to the bottom of your post.

As for Taylor. I didn't think he would get to second base because of his hair. It didn't bother me, but you know how the industry is, and I'm glad he didn't cave into pressure and dye it. It's what ultimately made him stand out (along with his voice). Early on in Cindy Crawford's career, they wanted her to burn her mole off. She declined. As you know, that turned out to be the defining element about her. By the way, as for AI - they had some BOMB performers on there. Best year ever. It's becoming a phenomenon. I haven't really followed it this year, but I couldn't resist tuning in..

Anyway, as for your co-worker. Keep copies of her notes, as well as all of your edits. You can do that easily if you are working in word under File (Revisions). Keep a working file with the issues that you are having. You cannot present this to your boss unless you have a big picture perspective on this. Of course, your boss is not going to want to hear "She is hating on me" and you know that. So, I would keep a tickler file of the drama she is causing you in case something goes down. I keep a file called: Note to file re: So and So. It's quite easy to remember dates and times when you deal with the issue at first, but as time and life progresses on, you neglect the details.

People like that make their own noose. They hang themselves, eventually. That doesn't mean that you don't equip yourself. Believe me when I tell you that your supervisor knows more than you think she does.

Hope this helps.

Y'all have a good weekend, now.
  At 5/25/2006 12:47 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I've only watched AI twice this season, but I heard last night was the night to watch with all the wonderful performances. I hate I missed Prince.

As for as your coworker, tell her to go play in the streets! I agree with someone else that said document everything. P gave some good advice too.
sorry "n" and other soul patrol fans...but taylor hicks had no business winning.....there were far better singers than him in the competition...dont get me wrong he's entertaining and fun to watch...but thats it...

and simon naming names of the winner in the final show..had to have swayed some votes...mind you how girl did sound like a hot mess sometimes on the final...but the girl got chops...i think she didnt win cause america thought she was fake...in the beginning she was very cocky, towards the end she seemed like she was tryna be sweet as apple pie...you cant switch up in the middle biotch america can see right through that
  At 5/25/2006 7:23 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Follow "P's" advice to a tee. I couldn't have said it better myself.
You guys always come thru for me. Thanks so much for the advice.
Yeah P's got it on the advice thing...
I mean she IS HR! LOL!