Update On My Car Troubles

Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Okay so I’m working from home today because I still do not have my car back. The alternator (picture shown on the left) turned out to be the culprit. I cannot express to you how difficult it is for me to be without my car. Its funny how we take things things for granted!

Now, back to this alternator. If I was asked to pick an alternator out amongst 20 other car parts for a million bucks, I do not think I would have any more money after I picked than before I did it. I mean look at it! Means nothing to me....

Lucky for me it's covered by my bumper to bumper warranty, so I do not have to pay one dime! I just got a call from the service department and my car is ready to to be picked up. Now I'm just hunting for a ride over there to pick it up. Shouldn't be a problem, but most likely I'm going to have to wait until 5pm to get it.

My boss was kind enough to let me work from home today since my car was on the blink! The is one of the wonderful PERKS of my job! Its so weird working at home though. Don't get me wrong I like it, but of course you know its totally different from being at work.





glitter graphics




Top 10 Reasons to Work From Home:



  1. I do not have to be a slave to fashion. I can work in my jammies!

  2. I can watch TV while I’m working. I’m watching the soaps, flipping back and forth between CNN and videos. It’s great!



  3. I can talk on the phone as much as I work and not worry about someone being a tattle tell
  4. I don’t have to put on any make up
  5. The bathroom is clean and I feel comfortable actually sitting on the toilet

  6. I “could” actually cook my dinner on my lunch break. BTW, anyone got any quick and delicious dinner ideas? I'm hungry!


  7. I’m already home so I could take a nice little nap of on my lunch break
  8. I can visit blogs (something I definitely CANNOT do when I’m at work)
  9. I’m available to win those give aways like concert tickets, pedicures, and coupons to wings and bbq joints that the radio stations give aways while I’m usually at work
  10. I don't have to worry about being caught sleeping



glitter graphics



Watch This!

Wouldn’t you like to have a washing machine like this?


glitter graphics


Funny Pics for the Day





Have a wonderful day!



This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 1:34 PM, |

19 Comments:

  At 4/11/2006 1:45 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Girl I was trying to leave a comment on your last post but I was feeling this song so much I had to listen to the whole song. And when I was about to post you updated your blog. Anyway, I like your color. I recently got my hair dyed a similar color about 3 weeks ago. I'm have to post a pic later.

I wish I had the option of working from home.

I know about car trouble. Yesterday on my lunch break I went down the street to get something to munch on. I was about to leave and my car wouldn't start. It was my starter. Unfortunely my warranty went out a couple of months ago so I had to come out of almost $300 to get it fix. Just got a call, it's ready to roll.
I really like this song to! I heard it on the radio and liked it immediately. The funny thing is, I have his CD and I still had not heard this song until I heard it on the radio. That’s a crying shame!

Yes post your pic so I can see your hair.

I see we are both going through the car trouble. It really sucks. $300 is a whammy!

I’m very fortunate to be able to work from time to time when I REALLY need to. For example, if we are having child care issues or sick kid, if your are on bed rest or you have to stay home because you have something contagious like strep throat, but you still feel up to working, they will definitely let you work from home. I think it is so good!
(Wonders what kind of jammies Nic wears and if he can get employment working out of Nic's home too.)

Glad you're getting your car back. I hate being without a car. I couldn't do public transportation even if it was an option and didn't suck here.

I may have to steal the first funny pic. I'll make them into cards and give them to people around my birthday as a gift suggestion.
LMAO @ you using that pic as a gift suggestion! You are a mess. That is too damn funny.
Now that's one bene that I don't have! I wish my job would let me work from home! Life would be a tad bit simplier!
LOL at that washing machine and YES I would looove a washing machine like that girl!!
Why did I hafta keep looking at the pic, then go "Ohhhhhhh! Ewwwwww!"

I'm still holl'in over the washing machine. I can see a few of my turned out girlfriends trying to roll up in Sears looking for one of those janks.
The top 10 reasons why you like to work from home are the same 10 reasons why I don't have a damn regular job!!!

thank you for reminding to stack my money till it gets sky high..I'll share....

and the new pic..Pizzaz, Pizzaz!
And to think, I just called off and slept all day...
  At 4/12/2006 8:47 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Girl, I am sorry about your car troubles but at least you get to work boss man/woman free!

BTW, thank God for subway systems! I've been all over Florida to know that a car is quite necessary!
I love working from home!

Sorry that your car is acting up, but iat least it's finished and you'll be able to roll now.

I think just about every woman in America wants a washer like that.
I wish I could work from Home!!! Lucky you.

Sorry about the car trouble.... and that comercial is too funny!
that was funny...yea I'd like to work from home. I can't have penis in the office.
I loooove the washing machine! Try changing an alternator! you have to take off the left front whell (well in honda's anyways). Ours went bad last year, too. We got a new one, but if they baby goes bad, you arent going anywhere!
I love it. Sorry to hear about your car.... heads high.

bk babe
Gawd I hate car troubles.

So true about working from home, so much easier. lol
BOO! Down with car problems.

AND, when the mechanic talks to you it's all blah blah blah, and this is worn down blah, blah, blah.

The bottom line, iz. . .

How much is the mofo going to cost to get fixed, izwhatiwannaknow?
I see yall like that washing machine huh? LOL

I need one of those myself!
Glad to hear that your are getting the whip back. Your reasons for working from home are on point!