Random Thoughts

Sunday, December 18, 2005
Well here we are at the end of another damn weekend.

~Sigh~

I say this every Sunday so you’d think that I’d be used to this by now but I’m not. I’ll never get used to how fast the weekend flies by.

Yesterday I did not do shyt! I was raining and cold (cold for Florida anyway). Everyone I knew was out in the mist of all of that hustle and bustle of the Christmas shopping season, but you would have had to literally pay me to get out in all of that mess!

Its really a shame to cause lawd knows I need to be doing some serious Christmas shopping being that I have only gotten 3 outta 10 gifts so far. I'm such a SLACKER!!! I do believe that everyone that I have not gotten a gift for yet is going to be getting a gift card, so I guess that’s what I’ll be doing on my lunch breaks all week.

What pisses me off is that I went to the mall today and attempted to purchase some stuff that was on sale and do you know I could not find my debit card? Come to find out that I had left the bastid in my damn jacket pocket along with my driver's license AT HOME. I was sooooooo pissed! I only had $35 on me so went by another store to pick some necessities for work this week. At least I was able to do that but dammit I’m still aggravated about not having my debit card with me while I was out cause you know I was not going back out once I got home!

Only one more week till Christmas. I can’t wait because I will be starting my Christmas vacation once I get off work on Friday. That’s right even though I just started a new job, I’m already about to take a week long vacation. I will spend the first half in ATL and the second half at home resting, relaxing, and getting ready for my dissertation proposal defense, which is scheduled for the 2nd week in January.

Anyhoo, let me go. I gotta go get my shyt together for work tomorrow. Tootle loo!

This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!


"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 6:54 PM, |

9 Comments:

LMBAO!!! I'm laughing because if I had a dollar for everytime that I've left my debit card my azz would be rich. When I go shopping everybody asks me if I have my debit, even if I'm at work my co-workers will ask. I wouldn't have had any cash on me though, I never have cash it just slips out of my fingers.
  At 12/18/2005 7:50 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Yah, I feel ya on the frustration!

You know my ADHD ass always be leaving that shit behind, and that's when I am aware that I even have it. Majority of the times I lose it completely and have to order another one.

About the shopping for Christmas gifts.....
I haven't bought a damn thing yet, lol. Thank God for the Internet, cause that's where I'm doing all my shopping in the next few days.
Hopefully, I can get some speedy shipping. If not, OH WELL. It's the thought that counts.

I hope you have a great day tomorrow!!

Bye, Girl!!
@ Shawn -- LOL, usually I don't have cash either, but it just so happens that I went to the grocery store Friday and got some cash back. Now that shyt is gone already!

@ Crazy - LMAO, yes you are another one thats always forgeting some shyt! Yeah, I got a couple of things on the net to. Next year, I promise I am not going to wait until the last minute!!!
Dang, thought I was the only one who left a debit card at home in a damn pocket! (LOL). But I've gotten in the habit of keeping at least 100 bucks cash on me at all times these days, just in case...

I've bought 2 gifts, and the rest of the folks are getting gift cards... I can't stand this holiday rush!

Bring your coat to the ATL... it's cold up here!!!

Good luck on that proposal...
Lucky for me I don't exchange gifts with many people. All my planned shopping is over and done with. I'm just waiting for the gifts to be delivered to their intended recipients. If anybody else wants a gift then they're just going to have to wait until after Christmas.

I left my debit card in the car once when I was at the U-scan checkout. Talk about embarrassing. Fortunately it was too crowded and I had a nearby parking space.
Debit cards are the work of the devil. And yet we depend on them sooooo much.

Now well the hell is my debit card?! :o(
@ LadyLee – Nope, LOL….Apparently quite a few of us leave the good debit card at home…. I can’t stand this holiday rush either. Believe it or not, I used to love it, but now pah-leeze! Thanks for wishing my luck on that proposal, I sure do need it ;-)

@ Freaky D – See my problem is that I have 5 younger sisters to buy gifts for and one nephew. Then of course I have to get my parents a gift, so it starts adding up really quickly! I know at least one person will be getting their gift after Christmas to…About the debit card, LOL, the same thing has happened to me, leaving it out in the car. Yeah I was embarassed to. Luckily today I realized it before I even attempted to pay!

@ Serial – You ain’t kidding. We depend on these cards way to much. Most of the time I never have cash on me.
I dont like to carry cash, so its debit card for me, but nowadays, ThugNuccas follow you into the ATM with a gun and mug you in there...so I guess nothing is 100% safe.

Good luck on your defense...went through that with my sister a few years ago. She did okay and so will you. Its nerve-wracking but keep your head up and plow through.
Why did my dad "lose" his card this week. Cancelled it and then found it on the floor by his bed. Oh well now he has to wait for the new one.

You better get on that shopping, it's only going to get worse. ;)

I like your music thingy, I will have to try to get one.