Saturday, March 11, 2006

What it be like bloggers?

I hope that all is well. Nothing special is going on with me.

Oh I do have some good news to report. I have finally been able to catch up with my dissertation chair, so we are back in business. The next step is for me to defend my proposal, which basically consents of me doing a presentation before my committee and then a question/answer/discussion session.

He wants us to do this in about 2 weeks but it really depends on everyone’s availability, so we will see. I guess I’d better get back on the ball, huh?

I’m glad to be back on track, I want to be done with this entire process more than anything. But there is another side to this in a way.

The other side is this, I have been free as a bird for a couple of months now and now I have to get ready to start buckling down again. I’m not used to buckling down anymore. I don’t even think I will be able to concentrate. I’m too used to surfing the net freely and blogging whenever I want to and now I have to start dedicating my time to finishing my dissertation research, because once the defense is completed (and I pass it) I have to start analyzing my data, then write up my results discussion, and conclusion. All of this is probably going to be at least another 100 pages on top of the 122 pages I already have. Jeeze!!

~Sigh~

Its like I wanna be finished but dammit I do not wanna do the work! I’m sick of this. I’m been in school for that last 4 years working on this and now I’m tired. Don’t get me wrong, because lawd knows that I’ve come to far to quit and I do really want this but I am burnt out and my attention span is shot to hell!

Oh well, enough about that.

Like I said there is nothing special going on around here. Things are nice and quite. It’s a perfect time to take a nap I guess. I have no plans for the night other than getting some online shopping done. I have been dying to do this but haven’t had a chance to. I’ve had my income tax money back for a couple of weeks now, so I am really to spend some of it on some thing for myself.
Ebay.com here I come!



Anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Take care!


This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 6:04 PM, |

8 Comments:

One day at a time Nic.

We all know how hard it is to get school work done especially when some of it invovles a computer. But after all this craziness is over....everything has been defended, your book has been bound up all pretty and you got a few letters behind your name...you can blog/im/email your butt off for the rest of your life!

Getting serious work done is a chore, but take it one day at a time...let me go even further...one hour at a time!
Girl you are so right (smile)! As much as I hated it will not last forever and like you said, once my “book” is finished and bound, I can blog/im/surf the internet till kingdom come!
  At 3/12/2006 1:24 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Get it done Rattler! The last bit of the race is always the hardest but you can do it. Best of everything to you.

Stay blessed!
i know girl. my 4 years of undergrad were annoying enuf by the time i was right at the end. i was like oh just get it over with already. but i know its got to be worse when you've doubled it. its all good girl. you just needed to get that outta your system. now you can go rock your dissertation like it ain't nothin.
You go, girl! I'm proud of you with whatever you do. If you get a chance, visit my blog. I blogged about the most overrated movies. Love the new profile pic! Gorgeous! And you look happier in this one then in the other picture.
That's too much work for me. I'd really have to be in the zone to write that much so more power to you. You can be my go to person when I go back to school and need to write anything.
FAMU Alum ‘03 thanks a lot. All the best to you as well.

Jameil thanks I appreciate the advice.

Stacy-Deanne thanks! I thought it was about time for me to update my pic.

Freaky D hell, its too much work for me to! Yes, when you decide to go back to school I would be more than happy to help in any way that I can.
Come on, come on, COME ON, Gurl!!!!!

The finish line is right up yonder!!

Get it done...

Let me know if you need for me to pimp slap you around...

What you are feeling is normal... REMEMBER THAT!!

I would be looking at you real funny like if you were skipping around like a damn smurf right about now...

But trust me, it's gonna feel hella good when it's done...

Really though...

Just keep pushing, girl!!! You're almost there...