A Double Take in Black & White

Friday, March 10, 2006
They are sooo cute!





A mixed-race British mom gave birth to twins recently - one of each. No, not a boy and a girl. Two girls - one black, the other white. The odds of such a birth are about a million to one, experts said.

"It was a shock when I realized that my twins were two different colors," Kylie Hodgson, 19, told London's Daily Mail. "But it doesn't matter to us - they are just our two gorgeous little girls."

Hodgson and her partner, Remi Horder, 17, were both born to mixed-race
parents. Little Kian and Remee share a love of apples and the Teletubbies, their proud mom says. Fertility experts speculate that a sperm containing all-white genes fused with an egg with all-white genes, and a sperm with all-black genes fused with an all-black gene egg to produce the fraternal twins.





The story is verified as true on Snopes.com!


Have a wonderful weekend!


This is Superstar Nic

Still "N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 7:01 AM, |

25 Comments:

I remember reading about this - amazing!!!!
And the babies really do look alike! It is truly amazing.
wow..they do look alike...that's cool...
I've read about this too...they are sooo cute.
They are soooo cute, and the really do look alike.
  At 3/10/2006 9:36 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
They are so cute! And yes they have a strong resemblence.
my friend sent me that email...isn't that wild!
The fertility experts explanation sounds kind of fishy to me but I'm no geneticist.

I'll concur with the majority and agree the babies are cute.
damz dats so koo i never knew this could happen till now!! thnkz 4 sharin!! ima tell every1 i nou now haha
This is wonderful!
this is amazing and goes against what most people have said is possible for years. Thanks
wHAT I WANNA KNOW IS WHAT HER 19 YR OLD ASS DOING WITH A 17 YR OLD.....*GASP* DAMN LAUNCH YAHOO
I was also wondering about the age and the usage of partner LOL..anyway that has no barrence on the girls being sooo cute...funny how everyone trys to be so different yet especially in this case it goes to show that we are just different based on color.
They are beautiful!! I saw a special about some twins somewhere else in Europe that were this way. The mom gets a lot of comments about the black son. Sad part is they named the boys Toon and Koon. Guess which one the black one is? Yep, Koon.
Adorable baby girls! I gave you a shout out at my blog. Check it out.
Awwwwww looka dere!
Awwww this is making me want another baby.
WOW! they're BEAUTIFUL! not that i'm shocked.

the parents are mad young, though. seventeen? DANG.
They are so cute but that still doesn't make me want to have children.

And thanks for the calendar.
They really look alike. They are so darling. This is so amazing.
wow.. they are sooo cute though! and they look exactly alike besides their race/complexion.. that's hot!
That is just amazing.
Yes, these little cutties are amazing!
Amazing. can just imagine the explanations they will be giving to persons when they get a few yrs older.Talk shows will be a calling 24/7:)
haha, this is funny, lol, they are cute though