Teen Dies at Florida Juvenile Boot Camp

Saturday, February 18, 2006
This is so fugged up!

Guards at a juvenile-detention boot camp in Panama City, FL severely beat a 14-year-old teenager. As many as nine guards can be seen restraining Martin Anderson. Guards kneed him and wrestled him to the ground, where he was repeatedly struck by one guard, either on his arm or the side of his torso, while he lay still. He was limp throughout most of it and never appeared to offer ANY significant resistance.

The boy died the very next day!

Its my understanding that he was sent to the boot camp for stealing his grandmothers car.




The scenes from the tape outraged his parents and it outrages me as well. His mother said it proved the guards killed her son, despite a medical examiner's ruling that Anderson died from internal bleeding unrelated to the confrontation. That's bullshyt!

Siebert (the medical examiner) said Anderson suffered internal bleeding because he had sickle cell trait, a disorder that caused his red blood cells to change shape and produce "a whole cascade of events" that led to hemorrhaging.

"It was a natural death," he said.





Nic's Take On It


Yeah muthafugging right!

Even the Anderson family attorney, Benjamin Crump from the Law Offices of Parks and Crump , said he was skeptical of the autopsy results and expressed doubt that the sickle cell trait, if it existed at all, could cause such extensive damage to the teenager's internal organs.

Yes, I know I'm no doctor, but I'm not stupid either!

I do not believe that this sickle cell trait cause this severe bleeding. If it is true that this trait had something to do with the bleeding, I still believe in my heart that this still stems from the beating!

It may be possible that once the bleeding began (as a result of the beating), perhaps the sickle trait may have caused him to bleed out more quickly, but that still does not absolve those guards of any wrong doing! That bleeding was still caused by what they did! Nine grown ass men beating on a 14 y/o, please he didn’t stand a chance.


I would be suing the hell outta that facility.


Watch the video and tell me what you think?


War Waging Over Boot Camp Beating Video





Florida Sen. Frederica Wilson, D-Miami, above, speaks at a news conference regarding the death of 14-year-old Martin Anderson, shown in photos at left, Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2006.



This is a still shot from the video.


Resources for Additional Information on Sickle Cell Trait:

Harvard University: Information on Sickle Cell Trait

Health Conditions and Blood Disorders

St. Jude: Sickle Cell Trait




This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 3:30 PM, |

16 Comments:

First of all, let me be the first to say I love you and what you do.

But...I am going to have to think about this while I am on vacation...
Thank you very much hun!

Yes, think about it and give me your take on it cause I just don't believe the coroner.

Also, I forgot mention that an independent autopsy is scheduled to be performed so that should shed more light on the situation.
I can't even read your post, too damn depressing!
I just want everyone to see how fugged up these guards treated this 14 y/o boy!
where can we find the video??
It's not that kind of boot camp Mel. I can't believe they came up with that Sickle Cell bullshyt excuse. They killed this boy flat out.

It was a story on Dateline about a similar story. This happened in Arizonia and the "beater" was Black and the "victim" was white. Well the beater was convicted on murder. Let's see what happens with this story.
Nine against one...those odds weren't in his favor.
Sickle cell my ass! They murdered that child. Those type of institutions are designed to put the child IN CHECK, not to put the child on a slab.

That medical examiner was either coerced into saying that bullshyt, or he's been fooling with formaldehyde way too long.
How far do you live from where all this is happening.
What happened there was depolorable..
Zeezy - there is a link to the video in this post. Just click where it says "War Waging Over Boot Camp Beating Video".

Friar Tuck - This happened at the boot camp in Panama City, which is about 1.5 hours away, but the family lives in the same city that I do, so of course you know this has been all over our news.
*eyeroll* Complete BS!!!! I don't even want to watch the video. Don't wanna upset myself.....
Well you certainly did the right thing, cause you would definitely be upset watching that mess!
I can't watch the video either. The only way things like this are going to stop is for society to not only punish the guards, but also their supervisors.
These places are often very dangerous. I don't think there is enough supervision and training and checking of power in these places. My heart bleeds everytime I learn of a story like this. Just terrible....
I completely agree! This one is not only dangerous, but has proven to be lethal!