I Hate Valentine's Day

Monday, February 13, 2006


In order from left to right, the hearts say, "Go Fuck Yourself", "I Lied", "Dumping You on the 15th", "You Suck", "Don't Call Me Anymore", "UR A HO".




Valentine's Day can wreak havoc on the lives of both single and married people alike! It's a ritual that calls attention to who loves whom, who is loved and those who aren't can feel singled out. It drives me crazy.

For those who are single, the day is not usually the favorite holiday of year. All of those red hearts booming with no one for them to give one to or to give them one either. All of those blissful couples flaunting their shared happiness. Valentine's Day reminds them of what they haven't got, a partner and a loving relationship.

For those in relationships or those that are married, it can upset a happy home. In those relationships in which both do not feel equally excited by this special, one person in the relationship may end up disappointed. The wife/girlfriend is sitting and waiting on that romantic gesture that will never come to past. Every now and then it is the husband/boyfriend that goes over and beyond that call of duty and his significant other is no where near appreciative. That would be enough to piss me off.

As for me, I enjoy a cute teddy bear, flowers, and candy as much as anyone could, but over the years I’ve learned not to expect it. I would be lying if I said that I wouldn’t be thrilled to be surprised something romantic tomorrow, but if I don’t get that I would not be surprised. The person I’m seeing is …. well I don’t even know how to explain it really. He just does not think things like Valentines Day are any big deal and he is not alone. A lot of people don’t. He already got me some candy (that I’ve already opened and started scarfing down) and I may get a card or something. Anything above that would be like icing on a cake.

For me, it’s more important to be treated like a queen every day and to get those special surprises all throughout the year and not just on Valentines Day. I want to get those flowers for no special reason at all, not just because he feels obligated to get me something because it’s Valentines Day. It is not about how much money is spent, it’s about how much I feel loved, wanted, and appreciated.

I have no special plans tomorrow. We’ll spend time together and do what we normally do I guess, who knows. Whatever it is will be all good for me! I'm not hard to please.

By the way, I don’t really hate Valentine’s Day! LOL….I just wanted to catch everyone’s attention. I hope everyone gets all their romantic hearts desire tomorrow and every day.

Take care,
~Nic



Play "Kill Cupid



http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics



This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 10:15 PM, |

29 Comments:

I was feeling you for a minute there until I read the end....bah humbug to you Nic!!! *smile*

I am one of the single people out there, but honestly it doesn't bother me at all....

But you want to know something funny I always end up with something on this damn ridiculous day!! Go figure.

If I was hoping and expecting something I wouldn't get a damn thing.....ya see what happens when you don't care!! *smile*

~Happy Valentine's Day To All~

~Smooches~
I love that game!

I got to level 3 I kept shooting the shit out of cupid!!! ~lol~

The higher the level the bigger the gun....kool! *smile*
Happy Couples Day Nic!

Do some cuddling for me tonite! Thanks!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
vlentines day is not big deal to be. i kind of feel obligated to get something just cause... but i didn't so if he gets me something then good for him. its not even a real holiday. But HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY anyway!
I feel ya on everything. I would rather have everyday be Valentines Day than to wait for the one day out of the year that makes him feel like he has to say he loves me....my suga is out to sea so we will have to celebrate when he comes back..have a wonderful day!
Happy Valentine's Day Nic!
I don't really put value on the thing that was bought for me, but the thought that was put into it. And I think guys that say they don't really do V-day becasue everyday is special are full of it. Why not make this day your extra special day for the week?
lol...u r so silly

happy v-day girl!
that game was hilarious...and difficult. my couple fell in love-BOO!!
That game cheats! Everybody knows Cupid's chubby little ass can't fly that fast. *Glares at Cupid*

Hope today is everything you want it to be.
Good post, Nic..For me, it's best to show love everyday, if possible...

And I knew you love V-day... You are such a jokester!! Although all of what you said was on point!!!

Happy Valentine's day, Ma!!
im happy w/ a card! i dont need much to satisfy me.. although my husband still goes all out.. but he does that more than just 1 day outta the year! people tend to forget to do that part...
I wear all black on Valentine's Day. HATE IT.

Copied your pics.
ok, Im one off those people that expect Valentine's day to be over the top romantic and I am disapointed every Year!!!1
Honestly, I've never done the Valentine's Day thing at all -- but I mean it doesn't bother me at all. I don't hate it, if other people have love good for them.

I think it's only what we make it and for me it's another day but for other people, it's really important and that's all good to me.
well you have a good v-day anyway....do something special...
  At 2/14/2006 2:38 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Damn blogger! I've been trying to post for the last 20 minutes, I forgot what I was going to type. But anyway, Happy Valentines Day
  At 2/14/2006 4:37 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Happy V day, Nic! I 'ont trip offa Valentine's day. I'm like you - give me consistent queenly treatment and I'm cool. If I'm rollin' solo (which I am now and lovin' it) I just use the day as an excuse to shop and pamper myself. Over and above the usual, that is. :)
  At 2/14/2006 8:49 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Girl, you so crazy! I don't hate Valentine's Day, but it is not as
important to me as it once was! I realized now that it's the little things on random days, that means so much! I forgot it was valentine's Day today until I turned on the news this morning! I'm always happy though to see
other people showing their affection for one another! We need more of that, and not just on Valentine's, with all the pressure! Be good and Happy
Valentine's Day!
Valentines' Day meant more to me when I was single and younger. Now that I am older, it is just a day. I want to show love everyday not just once a year! I loved the kill Cupid game that was so much fun....
  At 2/14/2006 11:05 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi, You did catch my attention!
HA HA That's what's up. Lol
Happy Hatin' V Day
I was having problems with my internet too! I hope you had a good day yesterday!!!!
Interesting. No one seems to be happy about V-day this year. Me neither.
Too comercial for me. I don't hate it but I'm usually glad when it's over.
How many people got that e-mail about the new proposed men's holiday? It was called "Steak and a Blowjob Day". I could get behind that one.

KZ
I hope you had an extra special v-day :)
LMAO....Ummmm Zed, I have not received the memo on "Steak and a Blowjob Day" yet. I must find out more about this, hahaha.
I wrote on one of my message boards that Valentines Day was the National Day of Atonement for men. This is the one day they can do realy well and make up for past f*ck-ups or pay forward for future f*ck-ups. I advised the men to go on and buy the flowers, the candy, get that hotel and or restaurant reservation on the 14th to pay ahead for the next time they lie, come in late, dont return the phone call, cheat...
Well you woulda thought I suggested they give up their left nut, the way those guys started writing me back cussing and all that! LOL
Fellas beleieve me when I tell you, if its important to her, you need to at least PRETEND its important to you for about 24 hours to keep the peace. Pay now or pay later!
:-o