May Not Be Able To Blog While I'm Gone ;-(

Sunday, January 22, 2006
Tomorrow I’m flying to San Antonio, Tx. for my first out of town trip with my new job! Yep, I’ve only been there for a month and I’m traveling already (smile). I'm going to attend an Obesity Prevention Program Evaluation Conference/Workshop. I know that I will need a lot of coffee to keep me up during these training sessions. I know how I am. I will be about to fall asleep up in those damn workshops.

This is an aerial shot of San Antonio's skyline.





In a way, I really excited about my trip because I’ve never been to San Antonio before. But at the same time, I am not looking forward to getting on that airplane at all. Yes, I have a fear of flying. I have at least 3 more trips planned between now and June (that I know of). I have 2 trips of Atlanta, Ga. and one to Denver, Co. So I guess I’d better get try to get over this little phobia I have huh? ~Sigh~





I’ve been trying not to think about it, not to worry about it but I just can’t help it.

I’ve spent most of the day trying to pack and get ready. I’m pissed because I cannot find my damn camera though. I have not been able to find it since Christmas and I’m about to go crazy. I’ve looked every damn where!

Anyhoo, I don’t know how much bloggin I’ll get to do while I’m gone. I wanted to take my laptop, but I don’t know if the hotel will have internet connections in the rooms. I think that they do have a business center though. Maybe I can get on the internet in there. I don’t know.

I found out a few days ago that I could have had the opportunity to catch a Spurs game while I’m there. On Tuesday Jan. 24th the Spurs play the Charlotte Bobcats. I say “could have” because, the agency that is hosting this conference I’m going to, the Center for Disease Control (CDC), was paying for conference participants to go to the game. The thing is that you had to let them know you wanted to attend the game by the deadline of Jan. 13th . Of course, no one told me this until after that deadline had already past.



I thought that was so fucked up. Don’t get me wrong. I am in no way a huge basketball fan. I wouldn’t consider myself a fan at all for that matter. But the opportunity to go to a pro basketball game for FREE. Hell yeah I wanted to go!



But that’s what happens when you are new on the job and completely outta the loop. Oh well, its water under the bridge now I guess. Damn!

Anyway, I’ll guess I’ll get off this dawg on computer and try to get some things done around the place.

If I don’t get to blog while I’m gone just remember that I’ll catch you guys up when I get back. Take care!

This is Superstar Nic

Still "N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 5:35 PM, |

24 Comments:

  At 1/22/2006 5:40 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Have a safe and fun trip! Flying will be a breeze
An Obesity Prevention Program Evaluation Conference/Workshop.

You work for an obesity Prevention Program?

If so, what a great profession.
As a big sister working her way to lose some pounds. I fee obesity prevention is sooo important.

Have a safe trip!
I haven't been to San Antonio but I've seen lots of photos of it. The downtown is definitely beautiful. It's too bad you won't get a chance to see the second best team in the NBA live. Try to stay awake and have fun.
Laptop Cutie Thanks homie!

JenellyB I actually work for a Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Program, but the Obesity, Diabetes, and Heart Disease Prevention Programs are the 3 program areas the I do evaluation for. It is interesting and important job I think.
FreakyD Thanks! Yeah, Imma try my best to stay awake. I sure do wish I could go to that game Tuesday night to. I wonder if it may still be possible. Maybe someone signed up to go and has changed their mind…Who in the hell am I kidding right?
Have a safe, wonderful trip!
Have a safe trip, Nic!!! Drink lots of coffee and take something to read... That's what I do!
Have a safe trip. Take some gum for take off and landing. See you when you get back!
Have fun for me too, while you're in the Lone Star. ;o)

Holla when you get back.
go see the alamo -- lol.

The Bobcats (i'm a big fan) are gonna lose by at least 30...
  At 1/23/2006 2:04 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Have fun!!!
Have Fun! Travelling on the company's dime is ALWAYS the best! I am trying to get mine to send me somewhere soon!
i fret everytime i have to get on a plane. then i say a prayer and put it in His hands. it always gives me a sense of peace. you should do the same. i'll be putting in a prayer for you, too.
I Love to fly...

Be safe and read you soon:)
Have a great trip gurl....

I hope you have fun on your trip!

~Smooches~
Have a fund and safe trip Nic! I'm coming your way for business the end of next month. I can't wait. I have some really good friends there.
Do it big then! And have a great (and safe) trip
  At 1/24/2006 12:52 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
You go girl...watch out for all the nuts and be safe in the airways! Have fun on these free excursions, even if it is work related, you'll definitely get some down time at some point!
Chocolate Drop is out!
Hope all goes well, just be sure not to let the "itis" set in to early.

Plus a big FAMU shout. I finished there back in 2001, Coll. of Eng.

Peace.
hope you're having a good time :)
Have fun. Take pictures!
I hope you are having fun!
Holla!
Have a great trip, Nic!!
u didn't miss 2 much from the game.. free tix? u woulda been as high up as the pic on your blog.. but hope you had fun!