About My Week

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The trip was absolutely wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed getting away from home and the stress of my daily life for a few days. I was dreading the plane ride, but it went very smooth for the most part. I ran into one flight delay on the way there due to that bad weather in ATL (always). But other than that is was smooth.

The only thing that I did not like about the travel was my heavy azz bags! OMG, they were so heavy and the bag that I actually had to carry on to the plane was extra heavy because I took my laptop (which I did not even use because the hotel did not have free internet access. Those bastards were charging $10/day for access and I was like f*ck that).

Anywayz, like I was saying, my bags were so damn heavy that they had my damn back hurting.

Due to that flight delay on the way, I almost missed my connecting flight and the gate that the connection was at was so damned far. Now imagine me, with these short azz legs racing through the airport with that heavy azz bag and with flip flops on. I coulda died, but digress.

The hotel was beautiful. I loved my room with that king size bed. I slept like a baby while I was gone. Even though the trip was work related I literally felt like I was on vacation!

The conference was very informative and I learned a lot, especially with me being so new in my current job as a program evaluator, it was an excellent training for me.

Being that this was a evaluation training for a “Obesity Prevention Prog” you would not believe how healthy they had us eating, LOL. I have not eaten that many fruits and veggies in ages.
This is the menu:


Day 1: Traveling so you are on your own
Day 2: Breakfast was oatmeal, fruit, coffee, juice, etc. Lunch was salad topped with turkey (w/2 choices of fat free dressing), vegetarian type soup, and fruit. No dessert and only diet drinks, water, and unsweet tea.


Day 3: Breakfast was cereal (wheaties, total, or rice krispies), skim milk, berries for the cereal, other fruit (grapefruit, apples, oranges) coffee, juice, etc. For lunch we had a Mexican salad (salad stuff, salsa, lite sour cream, black beans, shredded chick, cheese, etc.) this was very good though. Some type of Mexican soup and fruit (pineapples, berries, watermelon, etc.). No dessert and only diet drinks, water, and unsweet tea.
Day 4: More of the same type healthy stuff!



We had a reception Tuesday night with more of the same healthy type shit, LOL. But I did have me a margarita at the reception because they also had a cash bar thank goodness.



If I ate like that all the time I would be so damn super thin and healthy. But I guess I will have to settle for thick-n-right cause ya girl can't do it like that all the time, LOL.

I did not do a whole lot, which includes me not making it to that Spurs game. I went walking downtown every evening to get something to eat for dinner. They have a river walk with lots of outside type vending and restaurants, so I went down there and eat my first night there.

These are photos of the River Walk in downtown San Antoino

All of my walking and sight seeing I did by myself for the most part. It was relaxing. I did not mind hanging by myself though at all. I just walked around (getting my little bit of exercise) and getting me some FAT for dinner every night except for one when I went to Subway.

Anyhoo, that’s about it for me this past week. How was you week?



This is Superstar Nic

Still "N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 12:01 AM, |

9 Comments:

Man! Thank goodness for the cash bar! "Sounded" like a stress free trip.
LOL, yes thank goodness for that cash bar!

The trip was stress free and I truly had a wonderful time. It just felt so good to get away for a while. Now I’m back to home crap home (smile).
Glad that you enjoyed yourself and that you eat healthy since that was your concern.
gurl I know you lost some weight with that eating plan :)

Glad you had a good time!
Rose Yes, believe it or not I think that healthy eating has kick started my plan and it definitely gave me some great ideas. Now I need to go to the grocery store and get my supplies ;-)

Mel I like salads and oatmeal to, but I just don’t like every day, you know what I mean. I wish you luck getting rid of your wanna-be stalker!

Mwabi LOL, I think that I have lost about 2lbs this week. That’s great cause I didn’t even have to try, hahahah.
Healthy food is not THAT bad. I know I don't always like to eat it either. What if you eat healthy for 5 days (during the week it is easy becasue you are on a schedule) and on the weekends eat what you want? I know most nutritionist are against it, but it's better than nothing and you will find that you will still lose weight doing it. Not to mention you will control what you eat during the week because you know that you can have fries on Saturday. It is not depravation. That is what always gets me to cheat. The thought of never being able to eat what I want again.
AC The type of plan you describe actually does sound pretty good and I have done something like that before.

You're right, that thought of never being able to eat what I want again drives me crazy and always makes me end up sabatoging myself.

Thanks for the tip!
And no, healthy food is not THAT bad, I just can't over do it. That's another thing that makes me go off the plan. If I do it in moderation, I'm much more likely to stick to it. I know that I can do it because I've done it before. I just gotta start!!!
Welcome back, Nic! Glad you enjoyed your "work" trip. It's nice to get away, isn't it. :)