My First Tattoo

Monday, November 28, 2005
I did not do shit today and that’s exactly how I like it!

I took the day off from work so that I could recuperate from my Thanksgiving vacation. I didn’t get up until this afternoon. To be honest, I don’t feel like going to work tomorrow either shit!

~Deep Sigh~


Now About Da Tat …


I was just thinking about the highlight of my vacation, which was getting my first tattoo.

Earlier this summer, I went to a tattoo parlor for the first time. I went with my little sister because she was getting a belly button ring. While I was there I told her and my other sisters that I was going to get a tattoo for my birthday (or rather what I meant was that I wanted a tattoo for my birthday – I think). Of course, they were like yah, you should do that.

So, my birthday (11/17) came and went by with no tat. To be honest, by this point in the game I had completely changed my mind and no longer had any intentions of getting a tattoo. But when, I got to my moms last week for Turkey Day, for some reason about 4 of my relatives were talking about getting a tat and one of my other sisters wanted to get a belly button ring. I’m like where the hell did all this bullshit come from?

The next thing I know, there they go….

They: Nicki, I thought you said you were going to get a tattoo for your birthday?

Me: Uhmmm, no I didn’t.

They: Yes you did.

Me: I ain’t getting’ shit!

They: Ahwww, come on. We’re all gonna do it. Stop being a punk!


So Friday, we shopped all day and no one mentioned the tattoos and I was so damn glad to. The next thing I know, its like 9pm and these bitches decide they want to go get tattoos. I still didn’t really want to do it, but I decided to go with them. I went with 2 of my sisters, brother-in-law, cousin, and aunt. The idea was that we were all going to get a tattoo and get the “Family Discount”. The next thing I know, they are working on getting the discount and they were like, “Nic, they need to know how many of us are really going to get one so that they can do the discount.” At first I was like hell nah! I ain’t wit this shit today. Deep down inside I did not want to get it because I was SCURRED!!

I’m thinking to myself, hell don’t count me in on yall shit. I ain’t doing it! Honey the next thing I knew, I was sitting in the damn chair with my ass hanging out getting a tat on my lower back.

OMG!!!!

This was the most excruciating experience that I have ever been through in my life!

I wish I had a videotape of how I was in there cutting the damn fool. That shit hurt so damned bad. I don’t see how people get tattoos all over their bodies. I mean the guy did say that the lower back was one of the tenderest spots on the body as far as getting a tattoo, but I was like WTF???

My sister and my aunt also got theirs on the lower back. My aunt was like a soldier, but hers was very little. My sister, well she was more like me, but not as dramatic. I was practically in there about to cry it hurt so bad! I’ve talked to other people and they admitted that theirs hurt to but it seemed like no one had as bad of an experience as I did.

Yep, I can’t believe that I let them punk me into getting it. I was in a damn trance for a good while afterwards because I was soooooo damn traumatized.





This is a photo of what I was so damned traumatized over!






But anyway, that’s the story of my first tattoo…..Instead of first I should say ONLY, cause I doubt I ever go through that shit again!




This is Nicoletta, still “N” Search of Ecstasy and I’m out!


"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 11:12 PM, |

25 Comments:

Awww, Nic! You got your ink! You was scurred? Just drama! LOL. And it looks really cute in the pic...ok, we'll see how long it takes you to get another one. I said the same thing when I first got tatted. I said "only one!" And now I have...six? *small voice* Trust me, it gets addictive. :)
  At 11/29/2005 10:59 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
You was scared but you did it. Nic, you have more courage than me. I want one too but the nerves will not let me do it at least not yet !

Nice though ... Enjoy !
  At 11/29/2005 1:36 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
OH DAMN.....u beat me to it, lol. u were so damn right about how I would react, Biatch! U are crazy!!! I'm so glad you did it;it looks good to.
Don't be scurred it's only ink.
Props to the Supa Star. Shake ya tail feather, sista.
Gurl, I wanna get one too. I know what I want, where I want it and all that. But a couple things are stopping me. I am scurred of 1. the pain, 2. the pain, 3. the droop factor (as I get older or lose weight) 4+5 the pain! Ive had friends who have been through CHILDBIRTH tell me it was painful. Then there's my ex, who has his whole family history tatooed on his chest, neck and back (BTW, that sh*t was HOT to death)...and you cant get drunk beforehand, something about the blood thinning? I dont know. Yours looks good though. Party on Dude(tte)!
Lower back tats on a woman are the greatest. It actually gives me a good spot to aim at when I let loose. lol

Yours looks sexy. ;o)
  At 11/29/2005 3:19 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Nic you tat looks cute, but ain't no way in d'hell I could've got all of that done because I'm fearful of anything digging into my skin...especially a needle or whatever they use to make that beautiful body work! Go gurl...
Chocolate Drop is out!
@Super Sista - You know, my brother-in-law said the same thing, that getting tattoos are addictive! I don't know though, we'll see.

@Lisa – I still cannot believe that I did it!

@ Crazy – LOL, U R So crazy gurl!

@Niki – LOL, yes the pain is no joke. I’m not even gonna try to sugar coat it. You would have probably been dying laughing if you could have seen how I was reacting….I cannot imagine getting all those tattoos! I was thinking about that after I got mine, that I cannot see how people get all those tattoos all over and especially on the neck. I know that shit has got to be the worst!

@Serial – LOL, you are trippin’. I guess you use them for target practice, huh? LOL…Thanks!

@Chocolate Drop – Thanks, I was scarred to. If I didn’t have my peeps with me though there is no way I could have done it!
Once was enough for me too! People try to fool you and tell you it doesn't hurt, but that's a LIE!!! Or they say it feels like a scratch, that's a LIE!!! I cried the ENTIRE time I was getting mine done and I thought I had a high tolerance for pain. Your tattoo its really cute though.
that's a beautiful tattoo. i guess i'm still a punk cuz i don't have one...yet.

lol@u being scurred. shit, they'd have to put me down before doing it. at least you were conscious. luckily, it's over now. you don't ever have to worry about getting another tattoo.
Takes some guts to finally take the plunge "n"

Way to go!!!!!

Bet you add to it! ;-)
i want one on my lower back, but i'm sooooo scurrrrrrred of the pain. i have even gone so far as to call the tat people, but chicken out every time i attempt to go. but reading your latest entry, u might just inspire me to take the plunge--literally.

yours is very sexy...would love to see it up close. lol...j/k
"Family Discount"?

ROTFLMAO!!!! I thought I had heard it all... A family discount for tattoos! HILARIOUS!

I love your family!! Ya'll are so beautifully ghettofabulous!!!

I don't have tats and don't expect to get any either!!

Big up, girl!! Go on and get a snake or wild animal tatted over your WHOLE back!!!

If you gonna do it, do it big, now!

Don't be SCURRED!!!!!! LOL LOL ;)
@Shawn – They told me that bullshit to, that it feels like someone scratching you. My ass! I thought that I had a high tolerance for pain to! At this point, I do not think that I will be able to endure 'childbirth'. Maybe I should consider adoption, lol.

@Nikki – Thanks! Hell yeah I was scurred and with good reason to. It hurt like hell!

@Michael – I don’t know about adding to it…..That won’t be any time soon!

@Brains – Yes, go for it…Take the plunge! LOL at ‘u seeing it up close’. You are too funny!

@Ladylee – Yes ma’am…We did get a discount to. They took $10-15 off all of our tats! Gurl they would have to give me an epidural for me to get any thing else done to this back! …… Beautifully Ghetto (especially me) – Yes I like that!
  At 11/29/2005 11:54 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I like how that tatt looks... the whole butterfly thing... I like that! :-)
First congrats on having 1700+ people hit you up over the last 2 weeks! You're more famous than me!!!

Check your email box in a tic
I did a Yahoo Search to get the name of the tat I want. Its called a Gye Nyame and its a West African Adinkra symbol that means, "I fear no one but God." You can type 'gye nyame' into a search engine to see it, but basically it looks like a circle with a lightening bolt in it. Ill think about it some more...is it true you really cant get drunk first? I dont know...LOL
Hey gurrl,...The tat is cute as hell. It does hurt but they are addictive. I have 3 and I had a belly button piercing. I'm going to get 2 more tats and get my belly button redone

What the hell you only live once!! I don't care what it looks like when we are old, cause right now we are young and sexy!!! Holla
It looks good!

I got a butterfly on my chest (yeah yeah joke of the day with comedians) but I like it.

I got it back in 97 in Atlanta.

Everyone asks me if it hurt and honestly the brother that did it was PHINE and he talked to me the whole time...b4 I knew it he said we're done! I still remember his name...Ptah.
whoa...i like that!!!

was it worth the pain???
it looks like it.

:)
happy belated bday!
@Candian Rose and Mr. Trent Jackson – Thanks!

@Niki – Okay I will have to check out what your tat pic looks like…Yes, unfortunately it is true, “NO DRINKING” before you get tatted up!

@Trina – I can see how they are addictive and everyone keeps saying that! Believe or not my coworker has me looking at some designs at work this morning, lol…. We are on Tattoo Johnny! I have the nerve to be even CONSIDERING another one after the torture I went through, LOL!!!

@Hapee – Thanks! I’ve been getting a lot of compliments, but I was not really sure if I liked it at first. But now it growing on me (smile)! I’ve also thought about getting one on my chest when and if I ever do it again!

@Diamonds – I’m still not sure if it was worth the pain yet ;-)
  At 11/30/2005 11:48 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hey superstar.. this is toya.. i love the tat.. i cant believe you got one....maybe you can get my sister punk ass to get one.. you know i have several.. lol.. you should have told me i would have love to get in on the family discount.. lol... but it is very cute and tasteful.. smooches..
@Kiwi -- Thanks hun!

Yes we must get your sister to get one! Maybe it we can recruit a group of people to go they'll give us a discount.....Did I just say us? Whoops!!
hey gurrl...it's me again, I just wanted to say that everyone is laughing about that family discount thing. It's actually true. One time a bunch of us went, but it was only one girl actually getting one done, but after hers it was like a chain reaction and all five of us got one. He actually tatted my name on my wrist for only 10 bucks!!
@Trina -- Yep, i'm telling you they just make up prices as they go along anyz, if they have that many people come in to get a tat, they will surely give you a discount!!! LOL

Damn $10 buck??? Now that's a steal!!!
  At 12/01/2005 7:59 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Girl you are crazy....you had me dying laughing over here!! But it looks good though! Show it off too girl! My Big 30 is coming on Dec. 12th, and I'm going to Vegas! I hope I don't wake up with a couple myself! Especially, if it hurts like that! Sh&$*!!!!!!!!!!!

Mavis