Birthday Bash Part I: Follow-up

Friday, November 18, 2005
Another birthday has come and gone. ~Sigh~

I must say though that is was absolutely wonderful. I truly did have a great day? I started the day running late as usual. God, that is the story of my life there. When I finally did get to work (20 mins late), I tried to log into my computer and guess what? That bitch wouldn’t work. I did not have a computer to work on ALL day so I didn’t do SHIT! LOL What a damn birthday gift….

My office gave me a party, so that was pretty cool. I spent the entire day talking on the phone with well wishers. The one downer of the day was a brief spat with my boo about something soooooo stupid, but I was determined not to even let that shit phase me on my birthday. I will admit that I was upset for a moment and totally embarrassed because I know that a lot of the people in the office heard my ghetto ass arguing on the phone! So embarrassing. ~Sigh~

Anyhoo, the rest of the day went off without a hitch. All my peeps called me, I had birthday shout-outs on at least two different radio stations, and a birthday well wish on the local morning news! Man, I felt sooooo popular and loved. It was awesome.

I went to Carrabba's Italian Grill for dinner with my two sisters that live here. Oh my gosh!!!! Dinner was great and I enjoyed being out with my sisters and the best part about the whole dinner was that I got a birthday cake w/candles! Do you know how long it’s been since I have had a birthday cake? Man, I can’t even remember the last time.

Brought sister brought me home and I just laid across the bed contemplating my “After Party” (smile).

Then, I thought to myself, ‘what am I going to wear to my private party’? Hmmmmmm…..then it hit me. I went over to my “special” drawer to ponder…..Once I got that all figured out there was nothing left to do but lay back and enjoy my birthday licks. LOL

We will not get too deep here just in case my internet savvy parents happen upon this site. But I will say that my boo brought me the greatest birthday gift of them all, followed by the best night sleep ever!
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 11:30 PM, |

3 Comments:

YAY! your birthday was awesome! i'm so glad you felt special. it's definitely a blessing to be able to celebrate birthdays. i'm sorry you had to wait so long between birthdays for a birthday cake with candles, though. i have one every year and it always makes me feel like i'm a kid again.

and i'm glad "boo" came through. birthday licks indeed... :)
Happy Belated!!! thanks for dropping by and the lovely comments..I LOVE your blog...i don't stay on the up and up...got to many kids ;) but gurl half the stuff on here i did not know!!!! thank you gurl, i'll have to come back so i'll know whats going on in the world!!! i'm sorry but i don't know who David Banner is!
Nikki,
Yes I felt special indeed all day long on my day. It was fabulous!

Koolbreeze,
Yes, you must come back to visit me so you can get a good laugh and so that I can feel you in on David Banner, LOL

Thank you both for visiting me!