I'm Back.....

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Well, I've just returned home from a long holiday weekend at my mom's. We had so much fun; we were laughing until we cried on several occassions.

Ya gurl is wore out though. Every nite we were up late (till 3-4am) and waking up too damn early for someone that went to bed at that time....I am soooooo dawg on sleepy I don't know what to do. It's only 8pm and I am already ready to go to sleep. There certainly won't be any unpacking tonight!

I want to write about my trip, but my body just won't let me. ~Sigh~

Okay you forced it outta me! But I'll make it quick.

To make a long story short, we had a fucking blast. I laughed so hard I was crying around there. Nothing too terribly special happened. We just drank (liquor), ate, shopped, and chilled bascially and still had the bomb diggady time! This was not unusual because my sisters and my uncles are junior comedians you see.

We watched a few movies like the “Skeleton Key”, “The Exorcism of Emily Rose” (creepy as hell), and “Chris Rock: Never Scared”, to name a few.

The Skeleton Key and The Exorcism of Emily Rose are the type of movies that I would only watch among a group of other people, so of course I jumped at the opportunity. Now I want you to imagine watching a Chris Rock, stand up comedy show with like 10-12 of your closest relatives (half drunk). That shit was fuckin’ hilarious, okay!

The highlight of the trip was the fact that we did our annual Secret Santa gift exchange early this year since everyone will not be able to get together again for Christmas. Since there is no one under 20 y/o on my mom’s side, every year we draw names and buy gifts for the person whose name we pull. Generally, we’ll spend anywhere from $80-100 on the gift for the person and it must be kept an absolute secret which makes it even more fun.

We had about 14 people to participate so it was pretty tight! We had so much fun doing this. My youngest sister always plays “Santa” (i.e. the coordinator). Between her and my crazy uncles who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent (ME), cutting the fool, the Secret Santa event was the bomb. I mean the fun and the laughs that we shared were priceless!

My mom had me this year and she got me exactly what I put on my wish list – Pleasures Exotic by Estee Lauder Perfume Gift Set and a night gown w/a matching robe.

I wasn’t nearly as sad when I left as I was when I got back home tonight. I don’t know, I guess knowing all that fun is over and that I will not get to see all of my family for Christmas really hit home. Even my two uncles mentioned that now they don’t have anything to look forward to since we aren’t all coming back for Christmas. I never realized how much everyone looks forward to me and my crazy sisters coming for the holidays. Plus I miss my sisters already!!!! It just made me kinda ‘tear up’ – but just a little though, ‘cause yall know I’m hard. But enough about that before I get sad all over again. ~Sigh!~


This is one of the gazillion pictures I took while at my mom's this past weekend!





I guess I'll just lay down and get ready for the Desperate Housewives A.K.A. Desperate House Hoes.

Anyhoo, this is the best that I can do!

Until tomorrow, tootle loo!


BTW, anybody else feelin' that new Mary J. Blige???

Here's the video for it:

"Be Without You"


Nicoletta
A.K.A.
Superstar Nic
Still "N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 8:10 PM, |

13 Comments:

Mary's back! I love this song, this video all of it...even her acting a HAM at the Vibe Awards.

Glad you had fun with family...girl I wish we had secret santa..hubby is the youngest of nine and seven out of the nine have kids and spouses and some of the grandkids have kids....think of all those presents I have to get!
  At 11/28/2005 9:55 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I wish I was in your family! It sounds like y'all have such a good time, with no drama. My family is not like that at all, I don't even look forward to family functions it's so bad. You are truly blessed, honey!!
That is such a great picture of you, OMG. You look so damn good, child! I love your hair. You look so damn thin, not to mention how young you look. You go gurl!!
What's up Supa Star-uh! Glad you had a great time with the fam bam. Have a great week!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SISTERS RULE!!!!
Glad to see you had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I must check the perfume out..lol. Love Mary. Loved that she remixed my song off My Life. That was the jam. It was on My Life CD right? I believe so.
Welcum back Ms. Lady. Kudos, it sounds like you had a blast. ;o)
@ Hapee -- Yes, Secret Santa saves us alot of money! We still end up buying little small gifts for everybody else most of the time, but it still is not as expensive as buying "big" gifts for everyone. Yall should thinks about trying it! Plus we have sooooo much fun.

@Crazy White Gurl -- You are so crazy! Thanks a million for the compliments!

@Ga Peach -- Yes, sisters do RULE!!

@Serial, 1-who, and Supa Sis -- Thanks for stopping by. Yes we had a blast!
Girrrrl, first of all why do you have to be playing "Naked" I almost couldn't concentrate on reading the dam blog..haha

Second, I'm really glad you enjoyed your holiday

And last but not least thanks for the Mary J. video...girl, I love that dam song. If that's not me and my man I give up!!!!

ps. Mary had to do something because Fantasia was about to take over her spot!! haha
@Trina -- Yes, I am loving that new Mary. I think I'm going to ask for CD for Christmas since it comes out on 12/20/05!

P.S. I'm glad you like that "Naked" video to, lol
Ha! Ya'll so ghetto!! I LOVE IT! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods:)
you're gorgeous!

and i'm glad you had a great time with the fam. you know that's not always how it goes down. LOL
@Ladylee - Yes, we got a lil ghetto in us, LOL

@Nikki - Thank you so much! You just made my day....Yes, we did have a fabulous time! I heard about some other people that had some brawls and the police were called, so you're right it's not always drama free at family gatherings.
i love the house wives!!!