In Da News…..

Monday, November 14, 2005


Police search for teens after parents found slain!!!!


Today, police are still searching for an 18-year-old man and his girlfriend, whose parents were found shot to death in their home yesterday. The boyfriend, David G. Ludwig, killed 14-year-old Kara Beth Borden's parents, early Sunday after they and the daughter argued about her curfew. The kidnapped girl's yourger sister reported to the authorities that the boyfriend was also involved in the argument, which lasted for about an hour. The murders took place at the family's home in Warwick Township, which is just west of Philadelphia, PA.

At this point the authorities are not sure if the girl was kidnapped or willingly went with the boyfriend. At last word, they were spotted at a central Pennsylvania truck stop Monday morning, but were not caught. A worker at the truck stop told The Associated Press the girl appeared to have been crying. But the question is, was she crying because she wanted to go home and was there unwillingly or is it over guilt? The police do not seem to think that she was involved in her parent's murder though.


Nicoletta's Take on the Situation:

Now for my 2-cents, I don’t know about yall, but my 14 y/o daughter is not going to be dated an 18 y/o grown @$$ man I’m sorry. Then, the little so and so (excuse me, but I’m at work so I can’t let loose like I want to), had the nerve to be sitting up there arguing with those people about THEIR child. Oh heck nah! I ain’t havin’ it.

When you are an adult, fours year age difference is not a big deal at all. Nevertheless, for children, in this particular case teenagers, four year is a big difference. My mother would not be havin’ that mess. He had no business dating the ‘lil girl’ in the first place and I can’t believe that her parent thought that mess was okay.

Another thing, why did he go ever to those people's house with a gun in the first place. Was this what he had planned all along? Or does he just happen to carry a gun on him every where he's, which I seriously doubt!

Please do not misunderstand me. I am by no means saying that these parents deserved what they got, because no one can tell if this type of tragedy could have been avoided. But I “AM” hoping that others will learn an important lesson from this. I know that some may not agree, but I just think that an 18 y/o man is not in the same league with a 14 y/o female. Teenage girl is too emotional, naïve, and immature to deal with someone that age and just because she is hot in the ‘tail’ don’t make it right, okay!! Parents definitely need to pay closer attention to their children and the type of people their children are hanging out with because this world is not a nice place all the time.

Yall chyme in on this one. I want to know what you guys have to say.

This is Nicoletta,

N Search of Ecstasy Signing Out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 1:34 PM, |

9 Comments:

As a follow-up to this story, the fool has been captured. Apparently he was caught after the car he was driving crashed in Indiana following a police pursuit.

Read more about it here:

Teen Sought in PA Slayings Captured
  At 11/14/2005 3:20 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Parents can communicate with there children and this sort of thing can still happen. I for one would not have agrued with the boyfriend for a hour. He would have been out of my house, by force if necessary with a few minutes. This is indeed very sad.
  At 11/14/2005 3:35 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Most 14 yr olds think they're "mature" and that they know it all, but the reality is that they are still wet behind the ears.

I don't think that the parents could have done anything about this girl seeing this guy on the sly, even if they tried. Kids will find a way, because they think they know everything. I'd have put a restraining order on him!!!!!!!!
  At 11/14/2005 5:59 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
There was definitely something came between this girl and her parents. It seems that the communication was broken and they didn't know about this relationship soon enough. Had they known sooner, they might have been able to see that the boy was a whacko. But that's all hindsight.

I remember being fourteen and home-schooled. I had 18-year-old friends; and they were worlds ahead of where I was. I was considered mature for my age--so much so that people I spoke with over the Internet, or the senators I wrote to about various political issues, thought I was an adult.

But I was not ready, even then, for an 18-year-old boyfriend. An 18-year-old friend? Yes. An 18-year old male friend? Yes again. But a romantic relationship, nope. There is no way I was ready for that type of relationship with an 18-year-old.
  At 11/14/2005 8:22 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
White People
Looking back on myself at 14, I must agree that there is no way I was ready to date someone that old either. Even the boys closer to my age were to fast for me, let alone someone 18 y/o.

I also agree that even w/proper communication things between children and parents can get out of hand and that it is even possible for something as tragic as this to happen. But, I think that keeping the communication lines open and teaching children early (not when they are already teenagers or out of control) will help lower the risk of incidents such this.


Nic ~ Still "N" Search of Ecstacy
Hey there,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm checking out your site, and getting an update to that sad, SAD story. I have to co-sign on what another poster said..."white people."!
  At 11/15/2005 9:32 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Did y'all see the pic of that 14 yr old girl. She didn't look like misses goody too shoes....
I'm sure ol girl lied to her parents about seeing ol boy. Like her friend said in the interview "they were sneaking around". When I was that age..if my parents didn't approve of something and tried to get me to stop doing it. That just meant I was going to try even harder to do it even more. I'm sure ol girl had no idea this was what was going to happen, but she was caught up in the moment, and......BOOM.
Not only did her parents not approve, but his parents didn't either.
And as far as the law not knowing the role that the girl played in this...I believe she went with the boy willingly; she was not forced. I'm sure they were both in shock from what went down; they both prolly just freaked the F^$! out.

I thought Romeo and Juliet killed each other not thier parents.......
Yall are making some really good points on this one!

Hey 'crazy white gull', I think you're probably right on this one. She probably did go with him willingly after what had happened. Not that I think she had anything to do with the actual shooting, but after it happened she probably did freak the fug out and just ran with him.

Who knows what was going thru these crazy kids heads!! I will be getting on CourtTV.com tonight to check out what really happen tho'.