I'm Meme

Sunday, April 16, 2006

glitter graphics


What it is bloggers?!?!?

How was your weekend? What did you do? I know that LadyNay took a trip out of town, what about everyone else? I hope that it was all good!

The weekend has not been nearly long enough, but it never is, is it?

Its back to work today for me and for most everyone else, unless you are lucky enough to be on vacation and in that case “I HATE U”. Just kidding ;-)

If you read my blog since Friday, then you know that I did successfully defend my dissertation proposal. I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.

I talked to my mom over the weekend and she is so proud of her oldest daughter that she does not know what to do! Can you blame her really tho, LOL? Dad is pretty excited to! I'm glad that I can make my parent proud.

The down side to all of this (if there can be a down side), is that my blogging is about to become more and more limited. I’m about to have to get really seriously about my school work again and that is not going to leave nearly as much time for hanging out on the net as I’m used to. I’ve been pretty much chilling this whole semester, other than doing a little work here and there.

I have some revisions that I have to complete in the proposal section and then its on to the hard stuff, which includes calculating all the statistics to test my research questions, then writing up my results, discussion, and conclusion sections. I’ve gotten so lazy as far as school is concern, it is going to be rough getting back in to the swing of things.

Oh well, can we say:

“THE PARTY’s OVER"



glitter graphics



I borrowed this meme from One Cool Sista's blog.

I am: Truly blessed and floating on cloud 9 since defending my dissertation proposal
I have been: Contemplating moving to Tampa after I graduate

I will be: Doing a better job at getting more exercise in my life. I really need to get that dust off of my treadmill . I've been doing great w/the eating, but I am doing terrible with the ejercicio
I see: A glass of wine in my future (Zinfandel, Sangria, or Merlot). It doesn't matter, just bring it on!

I’m listening to: Gospel music (Juanita Bynum and Fred Hammond -) Fred is my absolute favorite !

I’m drinking: Some strong azz coffee (100% columbian)
I had: a delicious Easter dinner

I’m working on: creating a survey for a Wellness Institute were are sponsoring at work
I’m thinking about: What I'm going to have for dinner this evening and how fast I will jump into my bed when I get home!
I’m planning to over the weekend: My sisters will be here (the twins, one of which is the one that moved from here recently). I will be so happy to see them. We will most likely hang out, go to the movies, and out to dinner. We are also going to a hair show on this Saturday. That should be alot of fun!

I need: To graduate soon. I'm sick of school. I also need a deep relaxing massage. My shoulders and next hurt!
I don’t need: Any drama in my life!


I like: Being on my laptop, Surfing the net, bloggin, chatting on the phone, hangin out with friend, and having fun
I’m good at: Alot of thing, but I'll say listening and helping others with their problems. The question is why can't I solve my own damn problems.
I’m bad at: Dealing with some of my own issues
I’m cheering for: Myself. Now that I have my dissertation proposal defense behind me, I am on my way to being able to get my personalize license plate that says "IBEPHD"

I secretly like: Now if I tell it won’t be a secret anymore now will it, LOL
I’m: ret to go!!!!!


I’m taggin: LadyNay, FreakyD Black Southern Gal , Shawn from the Motor City, and "E"




glitter graphics




Click here to see why men should exercise


This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 11:00 PM, |

24 Comments:

  At 4/16/2006 10:45 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
How wonderful -- Congratualtions!

Just keep us posted every now and then out here in "blogland"...
Most definitely!

I'm going to have to try to ween myself off the blog slowy tho, so that I don't suffer from withdrawal, LOL.

Take care!
I finally got tagged by you. Look for my answers sometime within the next couple of days at the longest. You should answer all of the questions, chicken. Don't forget about us when you're rich and famous.
CONGRATS-WE KNEW THAT YOU WOULD DO WELL.. GET THOSE LICENSE PLATES...YOU DONE GOOD!
Congraulations! I know you are happy.

Too bad we won't be hearing from you as much as usual...but take care of your busniess girl!
  At 4/17/2006 7:54 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I'm so proud of you! I'll miss your daily blog, but I know there is more important work to do! I look forward to calling you Dr. Nic, so do the danggone thang girl! Congrats and good luck in your future endeavors!
A shout out and a tag? Ain't I special! LOL

As long as you blog erry once in awhile, we won't start a riot. We know you got real work to do.
That's funny! My ex-lady and good friend is Dr. Nicki! :) Congrats! I was in the Carolinas for the weekend. I had a pleasant time but I'm glad to be back home and off Interstate 95. :)
  At 4/17/2006 8:24 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I love the song that's playing today Nic...I forgot what a big Thug I was until today! What's wrong with me? (hahaha)
Chocolate Drop
I understand wanting to limit blogging in order to enhance other aspects of our life. Good luck!
  At 4/17/2006 10:37 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Congratulations!!!

Do what you got to do. I love the license plates!
I'm going to borrow this...
Love the plates.
Holla!
Congrats Miss Nic!

I am so very proud of you...once you get up there don't forget about us little people here in blog land! :)

Have a great Monday!

~Smooches~
Congrats "N"!!!! Sorry to hear your blogging will be limited but you gotta do what you gotta do..:-)


Just post a message once in a while to let us know you're okay.
Don't worry, I will not be able to just stop blogging cold turkey, LOL. Imma have to ween myself off of this thang.
  At 4/17/2006 4:47 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Congrats sweetie!

Continue to make us all proud.....like you always do!

I thought school was over once you defend your disseratation! Shows how much I know! But anyway, take your time and enjoy life girlfriend! Proud of
you!
Thank you so much MP!

You are right. I will be done once I defend my "dissertation". What I did this time was defend my "dissertation proposal". It’s a 2-step process, but the proposal stage is the most difficult, because you have to prove the research is a new/novel idea on an important problem, in my case an important health problem. My study is on cardiovascular (heart ) disease, so you know that a big health problem.

Anyway, I happy as can be that that part is over!
that was hilarious!!!!!
Yay!!!!! You GO gurl!
Good Luck!
Congrats girl. Look at you writing dissertations and what not, and I can barely spell it. Yall make me feel like such a failure in life.
Awwww girl, don't say that. We all know you are doing big thangs!
i LIKE THE PERSONALIZED VANITY TAG :) BECOMING......GLAD ALL WENT WELL......AND I SEE ONLY GOOD THINGS HAPPENING ....
Smiles...thats a nice meme.
I'm SO HAPPY for you Nic!!!! *Clapping and Jumping up and down*.

Just awesome news!!!!