Baby Girl Found Floating In River

Sunday, January 29, 2006
I have just been posting my butt off this weekend. I guess I'm making up for not being able to get on the blog all week while I was out of town (smile).



When I saw this today I just had to post it about it.
A couple heard what they thought sounded like a cat coming from a floating plastic bag on yesterday (January 28th, 2006). Rescuers used a long tree branch to pull the bag from the water. Inside they found a baby girl, whom the medical officials have determined to be about 2 months old, dressed in a soaking wet pick dress but amazingly she was still alive. Apparently a wooden board inside that bag kept it a float. The baby is now being hospitalized and the authorities are looking for her mother.


I don’t know why but this reminds me of the story of Moses. The way his mother put him into the wooden basket and set him adrift along the Nile River so that his life would be spared from the wrath of Pharaoh. It is such a miracle that this beautiful baby girl was found alive in spite of the heat and her potential for drowning. I believe that she is destined for great things and that she will truly leave her mark on this world just like Moses did when he led the Hebrews to freedom.

I just hope that they are able to find her a good home. If not, I would surely take her (smile).

Amateur footage captured the moment when the bag was fished out and opened by a park worker. You can read more about the story and see the video footage of the dramatic rescue below.

Check out the story here

Watch the Video: Baby found floating in bag

This is Superstar Nic

Still "N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 4:56 PM, |

22 Comments:

yes stories like this proves that humans are really special chosen creatures not just animals who evolved..
Amen...Everytime I think about this special little baby, it just amazes me how truly blessed she was.
Lawd Jesus!!! How on earth?!!! Nothing ceases to amaze me anymore.
I know! This is truly a miracle. When I first started watching the video I thought for sure that the baby was not going to make it but she did!!!
Geez! You mean they just couldn't offer her up for adoption.i hope she gets a wondeful family.
I hope she does to. Like I said, I'd love to adopt this precious little miracle ;-)
I got chills when I watched thevideo. Okay, if you can't afford to take care of the baby why not take it to a hospital or somewhere. Why try to drown the poor baby? Lord have mercy on the person's soul who did this.
I never would have related this story to Moses! Wow. I bet your right!

And yeah you are posting your butt off, evertime I come through there is something new! LOL!
@ Shawn - I was talking to my sister about this and we wondered what made the mom do some thing like this. In the video the baby appeared to have been well cared for, not malnourished, and dressed in a cute little pink dress. The baby is two months old, so why now, why all of a sudden did mom decide she could keep the baby and why on earth would she put the baby is such a dangerous spot?

@LadyNay - I don't know why but I thought of the story of Moses immediately when I saw that baby floating down the river.

LOL @ there being something new posted everytime you come thru. Hahaha, like I said I guess I'm making up for lost time (smile).
The life this child will be given will be much better than the life she would have had if her "biological" parents had kept her!!!

God bless those men who found her....

Sad.

~Smooches~
Definitely!

I believe that this miracle baby is destined for a great life and destined to do wonderful things in her life.

May she be blessed and blessed those who will be her parents.
Damn...that is like Moses.

I post my butt off a lot. I often find that most people don't read past 2 of my posts. (or at least they dont comment past 2) I have been saving the posts as drafts if I have just posted.

Drunk commenting...ok, goddnight.
  At 1/30/2006 9:42 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
WELL, I THINK THIS IS A REALLY AMAZING STORY... THEY SAY JESUS WILL COME UNEXPECTED AND YOU NEVER KNOW HOW HE IS GONNA COME BACK.. WHO KNOWS.. THIS TYPE OF STUFF HAVE ME THINKING ABOUT ALOT OF BIBLICAL STUFF.. BUT IM GLAD THE BABY IS HEALTHY...AND THAT SHE IS TRULY A BLESSING.. SMOOCHES
People that do stuff like that need to be harmed...I know I'm sorry but to harm something that can't fight back is just insane. I mean there are so many other people who want to have children and can't would it have been so hard to take her to an adoption agency..I mean dang.
Oh my gosh! That is terrible. That poor baby...
You know it can remind us a bit of Moses.. but Moses mother had no choice but to put her in a river.
The mother who put that child in a river I'm sure had other options...

Wow... thats unreal. I'm just thankful shes okay.

I'm gonna add this story to my blog 2 kay? I'll link it back 2 your site tho to give you credit.
  At 1/30/2006 12:26 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Everything about that this baby's story is a miracle...she could have suffocated in that plastic and drowned, but God saw that she was rescued by those wonderful people that listened and took action to save whatever was in the bag. It just shows that God keeps on blessing! WOW, that's just an amazing story.
Chocolate Drop
THAT IS A MIRACLE!
I heard about that this morning...my heart was aching!!!
All I heard was about a baby floating in a river and I changed the channel. I hate hearing that kind of news, but it's good to know she survived!

Thanks for visiting.
Amazing story... I also thought of the Moses story. I was glad the baby was alive... Really though.
It is sad that someone would resort to doing something like this.

Drea - you're right, Moses' mother didn't have a choice. I wish that I can find out what was their rationale for doing such a thing. Not that any excuse would suffice. I just wonder why????

I read that the mother has been arrested, so maybe that will come out, but the mom is saying that she gave her baby to a group of homeless people (I believe) because she could not care for her. Sounds fishy!
I actually saw this story on the news the same day I read it on your blog. They said the reason the mother did it was because she didnt feel fit to be a mother. HAH I suppose she was right. Anyone who would put their child in a plastic bag down a river isnt fit to be a mom.

Her choice should of been to give that child up for adoption... rather than trying to get rid of it!