Guess What Yall????

Saturday, December 03, 2005



I got a NEW MUTHAFUGGING JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That's right and I truly believe that it was heaven sent! This opportunity presented itself to me at a time when I was not looking for another job. And the best part about is that this is a position working as a Health Program Analyst performing program evaluation on Obesity, Heart Disease, and Diabetes programs! These are the three primary conditions that I'm studying in my dissertation research. Call it a coincidence if you want to. I call it God sent!

You see, the way that this happened was earlier this year (late May/early June) I decided that I would start applying for another job because the current position (Research Coordinator) that I have was getting WAY to demanding, the researchers were being very rude and did not want to take my advice, and I was just fed up with the upper level management not putting there foot down and making these researchers obey the standard protocol. Anyway, I applied for a few jobs, went on 2-3 interviews, but had NO luck.

I decided in mid-June that I was not going to apply for anything else until I finished my PhD (in about a year or so). I just did not want the stress of starting a new job and having to go through all of the boring job training over again. Besides, it was not like I have a horrible job, in fact its one of the best I’ve ever had.

Here are the reasons:
* I come and go as I please - late all the time (what could be better than that?)
* I get almost 2 days of vacation and a day of sick leave a month
* I can get on the ‘net w/no problem
* Get personal email and phone calls as I please
* The pay is decent

So why leave right?


Well, I’m getting closer and closer to graduating and I feel that the more public health experience I have the better. That way, when I get ready to get that BOMB AZZ job, I’ll be ALL DAT and a bag a chips! Plus, I've wanted to work in an area that I actually went to school for, for a VERY LONG time. I love public health and health promotion! That's why I went to college for it and its what I want to do when I grow up (smile)!

So back to how this happened…..I get a call in September for an interview for a job that I forgot I had even applied for. I’m like WTF? I really did not wanna go and I started to call and cancel several times. I was not really interested at this point in getting something else, but I went anyway. I interviewed. I did not feel that I did well on the interview, because I reviewed the job announcement before I went to prepare myself and when I got there, the job they were interviewing for was something totally different, so I’m like awwwwww damn!

Another month goes by, then they call for a 2nd interview. I go and they give me a fugging assignment to do on the computer. Once again I’m like awwww damn! They wanted me to design an evaluation for a fictitious health fair. I was so overwhelmed and out down I did not know what to do. They sat me down in front of a computer and told me to go for it. I just said a prayer and let the words flow as my fingers typed!

Once again, I did not think that I did well because I didn’t get a call by the end of the week like they had said. But here we are a month latter and I got "the call" Friday morning with the offer. I was ecstatic…..that is until I realized that I would have to tell my boss. Gosh I knew he would be tripping and he did!

It was all good though, because the bottom line is that he knows I’m a good, faithful employee and he does not want to lose me. He even told me that I can come back any time and to feel free to change my mind during the next two weeks, lol.

I did have a few 'HATERS' to. They were like “you are going to work for a state agency. Oh I wouldn’t dare work for a state agency. But maybe you’ll like it, I don’t know”. Another person said, “State agencies just have sooooo many problems, you just never know what might happen. Ooooh I just don't know about that” and other shit like that! I'm thinking to myself, hell bitch you ain't gotta know, hell they didn't offer the position to you, they offered it to me! I was so aggravated, because I’m like I’ve already turned in my notice and accepted the position. ‘Why do they want to go tell me some bullshit like that’? Damn, just bring me down why don’t ya’! I can't stand hatin' azz BITCHES!

It’s like they were making me second guess my decision. I can’t say whether or not I will like my new position or not, but I prayed for it and its mine! The pay is MUCH better and the experience will be priceless.

Anyhoo, I’ll be starting in two weeks so I’ve really gotta get my shit together. No more of the lax crap I’ve been pulling on my current job! ~~Sigh~~


This is Nicoletta

A Little Closer to Ecstasy Today and I’m out!


"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 2:15 AM, |

17 Comments:

Congrats, Nic!!!.

*Ladylee high fiving Nic through the computer*

Hey, you prayed for it, you got it, and it's all good. Let the haters keep sippin' on that haterade and you keep on going... Time for that next chapter in your life. Step out on that faith, girl! You're just doing what you gotta do.

Just one step closer to that Ph.D.! Keep on going girl! I know it's a long road, but keep on going. I got mine 7 years ago... When you get your diploma and get hooded, be a lady about it... Don't break out crying like a big 'ol baby like I did! LOL :)

Again, congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your new job (and the extra cash!)
Congratualtions girl!!! Shake them haters! Can I borrow a dollar?
@Laptop - Thanks a million! I have worked hard and I do feel that I really deserve this one. I guess all of that patience and persistence had finally paid off. Hmmmm....I wonder if I'll have a window office? LOL

@Ladylee - Thanks gurl, yes one step closer to the PhD and I can't wait to be done!!!!

@Accomplice - Yes, misery does love company. That is for damn sure! And you know that is an old song with Celine Dion and R. Kelly. They made that before it came out that he was tappin' 14 y/o booty!

@Shawn - Thanks! Yes, I email you a dollar when I get my first pay check (smile)!
Congratulations on your new job! Thanks for visiting my place. I appreciate it.
You go and get that job baby! This post was funny. You know you are very honest on your reason why you wanted to stay that made me crack up. lol. "FFFF" the haters you do what you have to do the sky is the limit. If you need some ideas on what you do with the extra money you just let me know okay...? (big silly grin on face)
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you *tear*..black women doing things!
Hey gurl...CONGRATS, I ain't mad at cha!!
@Stone -- Yes, I will definitely let you know if I need ideas on what you do with the extra money, lol!

@Hapee and Trina - Thanks so much!
Congratulations, Gurl! That aint nothing but some hateraid amongst your co-workers in the office. Spread some of that blessing pixie dust over here to me so I can get my secure government job in my field, too, LOL! Yay!!!
Hey Missy!! Congratulations on the new job!!

Stopping by to give ya a shout out....thanks for vising lil ole me!! *smile*

People can be so trifling at times....like Jay-Z said: "Ladies is pimps too, go and brush your shoulders off! Get that dirt off your shoulders".

People will be people you not responsible for them, just you!! Do you boo!

~Smooches~
Congratulations! I am very happy for you!

And good for you for having the strength to walk away from a "cushy" deal to follow your path!
Congrats! Ma! don't it feel good?

Wooooowhoooooo!:)
  At 12/05/2005 8:10 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Nic,
I am going to miss working with you! But, I am so proud of you for stepping out and following what you want. I wish you the best over there. It is your time to shine! Like Greg said, if it doesn't work out, you know you have a home here at SRS. You know my ass will still be here, too. I'm in fa life, lol!! I love ya, girl. Go ahead and do the damn thing!!
  At 12/05/2005 12:18 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Congrats Nic on the new job offer! Working at SRS is no different than working at most state agencies...there are no guarantees on job security and loyalty anywhere you go these days, so follow the path that you're being led on and step out and believe in your faith, you'll do just fine! I want to be like you when I grow up! You go gurrrlll...
Chocolate Drop!
Thanks for all of the well wishes. You guys are the BEST!
Congrats Nic!! It's your season. Go 'head on!
Congrats doll. Yeah you!