Wednesday, August 02, 2006


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Whatz up bloggers? Here is a quick lil jokey joke before I get into todayz topic:

A woman goes into a tattoo parlour and tells the tattoo artist that she wants a tattoo of a turkey on her right thigh just below her bikini line.

She also wants him to put "Happy Thanksgiving" under the turkey.The artist does it and it comes out looking really good. The woman then instructs him to put a Santa Claus with "Merry Christmas" written on her left thigh.

The artist does it and it comes out looking good too. As the woman is getting dressed to leave, the tattoo artist says, "If you don't mind, could you tell me why you had me put such unusual tattoos on your thighs?"

She says, "I'm sick and tired of my husband complaining all the timethat there's nothing good to eat between Thanksgiving and Christmas!"




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Random Question for the Day

I have a friend that asked me a question that I thought would be perfect for this blog! She and I were having a conversation about relationships and what we would like to have in out ideal relationship. Then we began to talk about getting to know someone new. So the random questions for today are:

What kinds of questions do you ask that someone new when you are trying to REALLY get to know them?

Which questions are the most revealing and tell you a lot about a persons character?

If you have any thoughts about this, please let me know. I hope you have a great day!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is Superstar Nic

Still "N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 11:43 PM, |

14 Comments:

The joke was hilariuos...The right questions to get to know someone that is a good topic. I remember when I met this guy and he asked me if I prefered a working man or a drug dealer. I thought that was a really good question.
1. how does he feel about spirituality
2. is he aiight with me challenging him into discussion where he might end up on the wrong end of the equation
3. is he aiight with probing discourse, cuz i'm gonna be digging deep into him some kind of way
4. does he love the written word and music, cuz whoever i get with is gonna be creative and love music
5. does he have his own mind, cuz i don't want him agreeing with me on everything
6. does he know his own mind
7. how does he feel about falling in love? does he believe in the emotion? is he open for it?
I think people's actions, more than what they say, shows you who they are.
Ask how they feel about family...They usually spill everything from stories about their childhood to what whether or not they want kids of their own. It gives you a little insight to the past and future...

The questions normally differ, depending on the person...
I ask about his parents, how he grew up, where he wants to be in the future, how he feels about the role of sex in a relationship (of course not the first convo LOL)...but the questions I ask all come from the vibe I feel from the person
yes- actions are very important - however one question I always ask a brotha is " what are you passionate about ? " What motivates you ?"

I have had some crazy answers - one fool said " nice clothes" i was like NEXT !
I also agree that a persons actions are very important tell alot about them, but at the same time I think that you can learn alot about a person by talking to them and asking the right questions.

For instance with me, I know that I want to get married and have a family some day so if a guy were to say he is not interested in either of those, he would be out for me. I've found out that people have sexual perversions that I can't deal with either thru conversations. Another instance is finding that they are too controlling and another dude that did not believe in God. Things like that, let me know thru the convo that it was not going to work out, you know what I mean?

Having all that said, I think both are equally important.
I ask
1.if He is a Christian and if He goes to church.
2.where does he see himself in 3-5 years
3.Is he close to his parents and siblings

*his answers to these three questions determine whether we'll
move forward.
Everything's been hit already...

I ask about his faith and family
How come he doesnt have a girlfriend? thast important because he might not want one....he might just wanna have fun and if thats the case ,u dont wanan get caught up

How many different relationships has he had? How did they end?
I find an object that catches my attention...a picture...a piece of jewlery...and ask her to tell me about it...if there is a story behind it etc. Also gives me an excuse to hold her hand.

Can I see that ring?
(Grab hand to look)
Where did you get it?
What drew you to it?

I do a lot of more directive stuff I guess that is open ended....

look at those high school kids... tell me what you were like in high school.

Of course the easiest way to get people to open up, in my opinion, is to open up yourself a little bit.
Hey Nic!! It's been tooo long sis, gotta catch up on what you been up to! (Make sure u roll thru my spot as well) :)

I'ma be lazy and say I ditto Nikki's answer...

I also like to ask what role does a brotha think he played in past succesful/not so succesful relationships..
Outside of what's already been asked, I like to know why her last relationship ended, what type of music she listens to, how she likes to spend a Friday night.
  At 8/07/2006 7:26 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
yep actions are everything--so that says a lot