Random Question of the Day

Monday, July 24, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Whatz the deal bloggers?

How is everyone? I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. As for me, I had a great weekend. It was one of the best that I have had in a VERY long time.

I really havent had a whole lot of time to blog, so plz forgive me for not visiting as often and skimping on the posts (like today for example).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We damn sho do!


Random Question of the Day

I have a quick question for you all. I was wondering about just why it is that most if not all black people believe that a male child under the age of one should not have his hair cut, so the random question for today is:


What is the superstition behind not cutting yout baby boy's hair before he turns a year old?






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is Superstar Nic

Still "N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 6:21 AM, |

9 Comments:

I didn't know it was a superstition but that's an interesting question. I've always heard that if you cut his hair before then you might mess up his hairline. Maybe, I'll call my sister later and find out if it's true and where that came from. She'd probably know.
I know for Puerto Ricans the superstition is that if you cut his hair before he turns 1 it delays speech.... Yeah I know how stupid is that!!!o
  At 7/24/2006 2:34 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
LOL @ Freaky.

You don't cut a child's hair before he's one because once he starts talking he will have a suttering problem.
Being that I don't have a boy I don't know....sorry...

You have a good weekend and not share it with the class huh? Shame! LOL
I don't know about any superstitions but I damn sure would like to quit seeing little boys with cornrows....
I heard the superstition, but never knew why...
i thought it had more to do with his head being too soft for the cut as opposed to it being a superstition.
I don't know where that one came from, but people come up with some crazy irrational superstitions.
  At 7/25/2006 10:11 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I heard the speech superstition. I didn't have it though. (the superstition) Wish I could have cut my little boy's hair earlier, but hubby wasn't having it!