The Weekend

Monday, March 27, 2006

glitter graphics



Goodness gracious!

I am so sleepy and tired. I just got back in town from a long weekend with family and friends.



That was a long drive (6 hours) along the Florida Turnpike and if it were not for the items below I would not have made it home. I know the creators/owners of these products are mega rich!




I was so damn sleepy dring home. Then about two hours away from home I had a severe allergy attack for some reason. My eyes were watering, I was sneezing my damn head off, my lips were swelling, and itching like crazy. WTF???

Can you imagine going through that bullshyt while you are already sleepy and trying to drive? I was miserable to say the least.

Thank goodness I took today off so that I could rest and recuperate from the weekend. Besides I hate Monday's anyway!

We truly did have a great time. I got some shopping done, but not as much as I wanted to. I need some more spring/summer shoes and they sell great shoes in Ft. Lauderdale. Oh well, I guess I'll get some the next time I visit or have my sister to bring me some since she is coming here next month.

My sister’s new house is absolutely beautiful and the house warming party was the best. The party was a lot of fun and there was a great turn out.

We played cards, Taboo, and ice breaker type games. In the games, we played guys against
the girls so you can imagine how competitive it was and the guys were cheating of course, LOL. Every time I think about it I just laugh to myself because it was so damn funny and we had so much fun!




These are some pics of the menu items for the party!

We had crab cakes, wings, cake, deviled eggs, chicken salad, pasta salad, jerk pork, cheese and veggie trays, steak stuffed spring rolls, you name it!











So tell me, what did you do this weekend?


This is Superstar Nic


"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 12:22 AM, |

22 Comments:

Went and saw She's The Man with my mom. Went to some parties. Hung out with friends. Failed at life.

I'm glad you had a good time. I love Taboo.
Welcome BACK!!!!!

I took my micros out....the end. LOL

Those food pix are making me hungry! I know you made all your readers a plate right? LOL
  At 3/27/2006 8:58 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Oh gosh, glad you had a great time and made it back safe. I WAS WONDERING! That food looks scrumptious to me at 8:55 in the morning. LOL Nothing much this weekend. Took the kids to the junior museum. Rest up!
I'm glad you had a good time. With all that you have been dealing with lately, it was a much needed vacation...I stayed home, and hung out with friends thsi weekend. Nothing big. Dang, after seeing those pics, I need to go hook me up some breakfast!
Wow, sounds like good times. I just did the mom stuff. Boring.
  At 3/27/2006 9:36 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Friday -choir rehearsal followed by movie night at the house
Saturday- went to a reggae/jazz spot,

church on Sunday followed by a cookout
Welcome back. I just went to see Inside Man, watched DVDs, and chilled.
It looks like you had a great time! The food looks so good! I saw the Denzel movie Inside Man & took a trip to the NY. I wrote about it & have pics on my blog. Come on over :-)
  At 3/27/2006 10:34 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I didn't eat like that this weekend!LOL Now I'm hungry!

Can't stand the taste of Red Bull.
Welcome back! Glad you had a good time. I spent my weekend working in Rockford, IL. Nothing special to report.


I had to read this post while I'm eating a desert dry chicken sandwich. That food look so good! Who cooked it?
You guys had quite the spread at that party. I looked for an apartment this weekend. It was dull, dull, dull.
  At 3/27/2006 3:03 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Yes my party was the bomb! Thanks to my wonderful sisters and mother who helped me get things together.
Love you all much!
LadyNay - Of course I have a plate for all of the readers!

Shawn - The food was catered by one of my sister's friends family.

Cherry - Yes sister dear, your party was the bomb!
Looks like you had an AWESOME time. I did some early spring cleaning. It was NOT awesome, lol!
1. Girl, you know I'm ghetto. I'm hungry and I just ate!

But anyway, as for my weekend, Saturday, I did the girly stuff (nails, hair, etc). I don't like doing that stuff all in one day because it takes up the whole day)

Sunday, went to churrch and then came home and my neighbor hooked me up with some BBQ from his daughter's birthday party. (Now, she is only turning four, you know that BBQ was for the grown folk!)
oh i wish i was there!!!
yummmy...lol
*smh*

missed u
P - yes, it does sound like that party your neighbor had was for the grown folks, LOL. But most of the kid parties that I have been to are that way (smile)!

I hate getting hair and nails done on the same day to. You're right, that mess takes up the whole day. I like to get nails done on my lunch break, that way I don't feel like it's using up "my" time.
That food looks INCREDIBLE!!! You did say your family was from NOLA. So yall know how to do the d*mn thing where food is concerned(my mom's from Central LA, so I know).

Just a tip: when driving long distance McDonalds and/or Dunkin Donuts coffee is the strongest. McDonalds is also a plus because their rest stop locations always have a clean bathroom and at least one Black employee (important when you are drving through remote areas...or Pennsylvania..LOL)
Glad you're back safe and in one piece!

Gurl that food look real good!!!

I packed, shopped, and saw Inside Man...it was good. I love me some Denzel!!

~Smooches~
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
That post made me wanna jump thru the computer screen..i already licked it..that food look so damn good and its exactly waht i need too.........looks like you had a great time.....
SEEMS LIKE WE BOTH HAD GREAT WEEKENDS!