I'm Outta This Joint!

Thursday, March 23, 2006
What it is bloggers?

First, I want to apologize for not getting around to all of your sites as much lately. I have been swamped and I am desperately in need of some R-n-R. I'll be catching up on everyones blog when I get back in town.
Yes Superstar Nic is on her way outta town today for four wonderful days of shopping, partying, drinking, and pure unadulterated fun!

I’m going to visit my sister in Fort Lauderdale. She is having a partying on Saturday night and I will be in the place to be. My sisters, my mom, and one of my aunts will be there so it’s kinda like a mini family reunion for us this weekend.

It is so beautiful down there! I just love it. I had considered moving there, but I'm starting to look at other places now. It's just too damn hot down there for me. I don't know.




The only thing that could make it better is if I did not have to go to work today. Oh yeah and if it was so damn far. Six hours hours may not sound like alot but that is a long as time driving by yourself!

~Sigh~

But at least I’m getting off at 2pm. So Imma go ahead and get on the road so I can get most of my driving out of the way before it gets too dark.

Anyhoo, I catch yawl when I get back!



Switching Gears!



How many of you remember "Good Times"?


A friend of mine sent me some pictures today that were taken at the "Good Times" Reunion. The pics really brought back some memories because I used to really love that show when I was growing up.





"Good Times" was a ratings smash right away, the 17th most popular show of the 1973-74 season. The concept was daring - relevant, controversial topics tackled with humor, but from an African-American perspective.



Photos of the "Good Times Family Reunion"



Ralph Carter, BerNadette Stanis, Jimmie "Kid Dyn-o-mite!" Walker, Ja'net DuBois, Johnny Brown and John Amos



Not shown is Esther Rolle , who play the mother and matriarch of the family. The emmy award-winning actress passed away in 1998 at the age of 78.


Doesn't she look great!

Jimmie Walker and his significant other.




glitter graphics






This is Superstar Nic

"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 7:03 AM, |

24 Comments:

Travel safely!
Have a safe trip, and HAVE FUN!
  At 3/23/2006 8:42 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Bernadette Stanis (Thelma) does look good and wearing her age well. The wife on the Bernie Mac show looks a lot like (Thelma) to me too! Nic have a safe, and I know it'll be fun, trip! Can't wait for the details when you get back!
Chocolate Drop out
You have a safe trip..take lots of pics...yeah that is far to travel yourself..i know in 6 hours i woulda went thru at least 5 different states..DOn't hurt nobody.......Life wasn't too kind to JJ.......
  At 3/23/2006 10:09 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
have fun and be safe Nic!
Have a great trip!!
Damn, BerNadette (Thelma) looks yummy! I think I have a new object of lust.

That is a pretty good drive especially when you're doing it solo. Good luck, be safe, and have fun.
Have fun....not too much fun...oh who am I kidding I'm so jealous right now..fun in the sun when it's still cold here in the NOVA area.....have lots of fun for me..hope you have lots and lots of music LOL
Be safe and have fun!
I think I might be jealous.
Hell! I'm jealous you are in FL period. It is cold COLD COLD! in Iowa.
Holla!
Girl. . .

I am TOO through with these good times pictures!

This is the best.

PS: I thought Ralph Carter was dead. I thought he died of full blown AIDS.
have a safe trip and a wonderful time, nic! we'll be here when you get back!
glad you're getting some much needed r&r, but i know you'll be back soon with some wild stories for us. take care and be safe...

and is that a white woman with jj???? hmm...
i love the bootleg map ---me, ---> sister! lolol. that was hilarious! have a great time! i know about the long ass tiring 6 hr drives alone. i have one planned for next week that i soooo want to cancel. ugh. i just don't feel like driving.
I wanna go to the BEACH!
Have a wonderful trip Nic. I hope you and your family have a great time. I think it is absolutely beautiful that you all are hanging out. Hugs!
You know I am jamming to this song right?
Drive safe and fun. I wish my family was within driving distance.
I grew up watching "Good Times". I remember many of the episodes to this day. It is sad that Esther Rolle passed on years ago. She was such a great talent. I remember seeing her in "Maude". Hope you have a great time with your sister. Family is so important to cherish!
Have a good time ma you deserve it!!

I want pics of the party! *smile*

~Smooches~
Good Times was one of my favorite shows. It was daring and funny. It is so weird to see Thelma looking so long and Micheal (isn't that his name) looking older. Does Jimmy ever age? Have fun with your family. Drive safely tto.
hey, have fun! I know NOTHING of good times. Cept maybe there is a rerun every once in a while I see on the guide chart on tv...
Have fun this weekend!
oh yes, I must put you in my blogroll, I keep having to go to koolbreeze's page and finding you in her blogroll...
The shocker was how fine Thelma still looked.Michael,the youngest looked stink