Are you a ghetto Christian?

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

glitter graphics


Well it's back to work for me today. Yep my four day weekend/mini vacation is OVER.

I did not get a chance to come up with something interesting to talk about today (my brain is still on vacation), although I did want to share something that a friend of mind sent to me in case you have not seen it before.

I thought it was funny so enjoy. I will be catching up on my blog reading today when I get home from work so I can see what's going on in your world!





You Know
You're A Ghetto
Christian If--


You lie on an application
to get a job
and then get up
and testify that
"God made a way out of no way"


You get mad at a visitor
and call them out
for sitting in YOUR seat.


You tell the preacher
to baptize you from the neck down
because you just got your hair did!


You take 2 hours
to get ready for church,
get there late,
and leave early!!!


You open your Bible
and you cough
from the dust that flies out.


Your wedding song is
'Secret Lovers'.


You do not
lift your hand during worship
because your acrylic nail is broken.


The only time
you like to sing in the choir
is when they let you
sing "your" song.


You do not donate
to the church
because you say,
"the preacher might be crooked
and stealing the Lord's money,
so I don't want to give it to him."


After you've done wrong
and someone has rebuked you,
you don't repent
but you say,
"Well the Lord knows my heart."


If you have ever said,
"show me in the Bible
where it says,
thou shall not smoke."


Your favorite
part of the service
is the benediction.


You buy "hot" merchandise
and testify
the Lord blessed me
with a TV, jewelry, clothes, etc.


You overheard someone say,
"We got fed today at service"
and you asked
if they served chicken.


You just got finished
smoking on the outside of the church
and then try to lead a song,
get choked up,
holding your throat
and say to the congregation,
"The devil don't want me to sing this song."


Let others know
the signs of
a "ghetto"
Christian.


Always keep people
in your life
that charge your battery, not those
who will drain it.




This is Superstar Nic


"N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 6:41 AM, |

16 Comments:

Amen! LOL
ROTFLOL!
LOL....

These are funny!

~Smooches~
ROTFLMAO! FOOLISHNESS!...btw WELCOME BACK SUNSHINE!!
that was a cute poem..lol
LOL @ Secret Lovers being the wedding song!
Hilarious N'Search!!!!!!!!!
Your favorite
part of the service
is the benediction.

That would be me....let the church say amen & hallelujah!!!
This was a good one!
A cute fun poem and more true that most may like to admit.
Too funny!!!
You tell the preacher
to baptize you from the neck down
because you just got your hair did!


good one!
Welllll....it DON'T say "Thou shall not smoke" in the bible. LOL

That was me, a few years ago.
GIRL STOP!! I was laughing at the title of the post b4 I even started reading....

Have a great week!
Another one of my favorite sayings of the ghetto Christian is "Y'all have to excuse me, the Lawd aint through with me yet".
This was a funny post. I don't think I dealt with anyone that had every quality I have dealt with many that personified parts of it.
that is too funny...I was fed at service today...LOLOL

welcome back to the rat race sweetie