Today's Word

Sunday, October 01, 2006
I receive daily emails called Today's Word from Joel and Victoria. When I received this one last week, it really touched me. I jus had to share it here. Hopefully, it will touch someone reading it here as well. Happy Monday!

~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~


Don't let the past poison your future

Today's Scripture

"He has sent me . . . to comfort all who mourn . . . to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes." (Isaiah 61:1-3)

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

Too many people today spend their days looking in the rearview mirror of their lives. You don't have to deny that painful things have happened to you. If you have lost a job, been mistreated, or had a loved one die, those are real hurts.

What we are saying is that you need to leave those things in the past and move on. If you carry those disappointments around with you, you are going to start each day telling yourself, "God couldn't possibly have anything good for me today because of what happened yesterday."

You have to let go of any shattered dreams, quit dwelling on any disappointments, and forgive the people who have hurt you. Release all that bitterness. God promises to give you a new beginning!

A Prayer for Today

God, I am ready to trade the ashes of the past for the beauty in my future. There are painful things in my past, hurts that I have been hanging on to, but it's joy that I want instead. I embrace Your promise for a fresh future! In Jesus' Name, Amen.





This is Superstar Nic

A Little Closer 2 Ecstasy and I'm out!


"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 11:01 PM, |

6 Comments:

These is a very encouraging post. Words to live by.
I needed that this morning.
amen
  At 10/03/2006 12:06 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Thanks
  At 10/04/2006 9:35 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Your family is in my prayers...God Bless!!!

Things will get better and remember if there is no justice in this life, then justice will reign on judgement day!!!
Are these friends of yours