R.I.P. Travis, You Will Be Missed

Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Hello everyone out there in the blogosphere!

It has really been a sad ast few days. I just had to take a moment to say that I am dealing with a very devastating tragedy in my family. My cousin who was only 17 y/o was struck and killed by a hit and run driver over the weekend. My family is distraught and the city is up in arms over what happened to him. The community is truly rallying for justice!

I am so angry at the person who could hit someone and not even have the decency to call 911 even if they did it anonymously!
Have they no shame, no morals, no scruples, no conscience!?!?!?!

I keep thinking maybe if only they had called 911, maybe he would still be alive.

He was the son of my motherz youngest brother. My grandmother only had 9 grandchildren, 4 boys and 5 girls. Now we are down to just 8. Our family is so small already, now it is even smaller. Who would have thought that the one who is the 2nd YOUNGEST, would be the FIRST to go. Never in a million years had I imagined some thing like this. Of course I know that we all have to go at some point, but I hadnt thought it would be this soon and certainly not like this.

He didnt even get the chance to live his life. He just turned 17 last month. He was just so young to die.

I want justice! I want the person that did this to him to be punished for what they have done to my family! I am so angry. How could they just leave him in the road like that to die? How could they?

A story about his death has been in the news everyday since it happened. If you would like to read a couple of the articles please see the links below.

All I ask is that you plz keep my family and I in your prayers.



R.I.P. Travis, You Will Be Missed


Related News Articles:

A Worcester teenager was found dead in the roadway before dawn yesterday, and police say it appears he had been hit by a vehicle that left the scene.


Teen found dead in road

Friends mourn teen hit by car



This is Superstar Nic

No Where Near Ecstasy and I'm out!


"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 6:33 AM, |

28 Comments:

OH HONEY!!! I am so sorry and your family has my condolences...

I have been typing that alot lately which is sad :-(

The person responsible will get there's whether the family knows about it or not.
I'm sorry to hear that and I'll be praying for you and your family.
So sorry Nic....I cant believe this happened near me too..i know it must be devastating. I didnt know u had family in my area and i will definetly keep them in my prayers. Justice will be served because God takes care of babies and fools
Life is way too short. I will pray for you and your family.
tj
My condolences to you and your family. Sorry for your loss.
  At 10/04/2006 12:52 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Sorry to hear about your loss.

The person who is responsible will be dealt with one way or the other. Believe that
Superstar.

We are thinking of you and your family.

From someone who has lost someone similarly, I do wish you guys emotional healing during this time.
  At 10/04/2006 3:19 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
"And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." Isaiah 35:10
Nic- My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time of bereavement. May God bless you all and may you find healing and understanding from this tragedy through Christ Jesus. God bless you and your family!
Chocolate Drop
Very Sorry for your loss babes!

bK bAbE
My condolences to your family Nic.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. ((hugs))
My sincerest condolences for the lost of your cousin and such a young life. I pray that this person is caught. God bless you and your family.
It's been so long since I've come by...I will keep you, your family and the community in my prayers. It's sad when people see and don't come forward or know that what they've done is wrong and don't come forward...who knows but I do know that God will deal with it all...take care girl...sending you lots of hugs
I pray for comfort...

and justice.
Big hugs, Nic. I know words fail at a time like this..but I'm hoping you and your family will have justice and comfort in the loss of your loved one...

HUGS
Oh Nic, I am so sorry for your lost... Goodness... you and yours are in my prayers...~LL
Sorry to hear of your family's loss. May you all be comforted by memories. Peace and blessings.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

The injustice of it all is too much. I can't understand why people do the things that they do.

This person whom ever he or she may be should be ashamed of their actions.

How would they feel if it was their family that was struck down would they want the person to act as they did and just drive off?!?!?!!?

I doubt it! So why couldn't they have done the right thing! Human decency seems to be something that the people of today no longer possess!!

How sad.

I wish you and your family all the best in your time of grief.

God bless you!

~Smooches~
Hey Nicki,
I did see this on the news this weekend and I cant believe it! Even though it was late at night, somebody had to see something...I hope they find who did it...even if it was accidental, they should come forward.

My prayers go to you and your family.

Peace and Blessings
...I also wanted to say that he looks like you around the nose and cheeks. As my Southern family would say...yall "favor" eachother.

God Bless
  At 10/07/2006 8:54 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Sorry to hear this!
My condolences to you and your family...

(((((HUGS)))))
So sorry for your loss.
ur in my prayers
I'm sorry to hear Nic, I actually saw this story on of the daily web sites I visit.

horrible, your family is on my prayers...
Nicoletta:

Again, I do send my deepest thoughts and prayers to your family. I hope you will trust us enough to provide us when an update when you are up to it.

P
  At 10/14/2006 11:37 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Praying for you and your family at this most difficult time.
  At 10/15/2006 7:36 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
The Schnoz and Goldielocks offer you and your family our deepest condolences.