To Vote or Not To Vote, That Is The Question

Monday, November 06, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Are you going to cast your ballot?

I visited Dr. Debs site tonight and it really got me to thinking about tomorrows elections.

The 2006 Florida gubernatorial election is taking place on November 7, 2006. Our current governor, Jeb Bush, is finishing up his second term and cannot run for re-election; Thank God!

I will be casting my ballot tomorrow evening. I had planned to do it before work but I realized today that I have to go to a training tomorrow that I cannot be late for so it will have to wait till I get out of there. But not to worry, I am definitely going to the polls! I really hope that we will see some changing in our state soon.

Oh and something interesting on the ballot is having health insurance for everyone in the county but electing to impose a half cent sales tax. I am really interesting to see how that one comes out. I am for it myself because I know how not having health insurance adversely affects health outcomes and I actually give a damn. I know that many people do not though.

Another interesting tidbit is that if Jim Davis wins, his running mate Darryl Jones will be the first African American Lt. Governor in the states history!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Charlie Crist on the right and Jim Davis the Florida Gubernatorial

Since we are on this whole voting thing, let me tell you the thing that irks me. I know that the candidates feel they have to get their messages out there but come on, give me a break!

I am so sick of these attack ads coming on back to back. They will show an ad for Charlie Crist bashing Jim Davis and then turn around in the same block of commercials show Jim Davis in a commercial that is bashing Crist. I mean WTF?!?!? Give it a damn rest already!
I mean who should you believe?

Anywayz, enough of my mindless babbling. I need to be doing some work. Will you make your voice heard? Do you think it makes a difference whether or not you vote?



This is Superstar Nic

Still "N" Search of Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 10:36 PM, |

1 Comments:

I think it really doesn't make a difference whether we vote or not because politics will always be politics (look at our 2 termed president) but I do it because it's the right thing to do. By me being a black female, that's 2 good reasons not to spit in the face of our ancestors who fought hard for me to have the chance to go to the polls.