Merry Christmas

Thursday, December 28, 2006

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics




Whatz really good in the blogosphere?!?!?


I apologize for the delay posting this, but life is more and more hectic for me as the days go by! As many of you know, I am on the count down towards graduating with my PhD and life has been full of up and downs along the way. I am still scheduled to graduate summer of 2007.

YEAH!!!!

In the meantime, I have still been working full-time and working on my dissertation research while trying to have a bit of a social life in between. But how dare I actually think that I am entitled to have a social life. Hmmph!


Im Engaged Homies


If anyone had told me a year ago that I would get engaged this year, I would have never believed it. Not in a million years. It all seemed to happen so fast. I mean in less than a years time I have started a new job, defended my dissertation proposal, broke up with a long time boyfriend, got a new boyfriend, and got engaged. I mean really!

I was in a relationship with a man on off for almost 10 years and there was never so much as a hint of marriage and here I am with someone new who fell in love and asked me to be his wife in well under a year. What are the chances of this happening?

I just cannot believe it sometimes. It still seems unreal and I cant stop looking at my ring. I am certain that some point this will wear off but I just have to enjoy the excitement for now.

We have set our wedding date for November 10, 2007. One week before my birthday.

These are a couple of pics of me and my fiance.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




My Christmas


Anyhoo, how was your Christmas?

Mine was great! I had a chance to spend time with my sisters and other family. I have been missing them so much. I truly enjoyed myself.

We do Secret Santa every year in my family since there are not little kids. Its always fun and as usual, I had no clue who had my name. It ended up being my brother-in-law who got me some Baby Phat perfume and some Yankee Candles just like I asked for on my Christmas list.


This was the first time that my mom met my fiance, so that was pretty exciting. Every seemed to love him. I was very happy about that cause sometimes you just never know. He had already met my sisters except for one and he has also met my dad a few months back when my dad was passing through on his was to a business trip, but he still needed to meet my mom and some other family. Like I said that went very well.

I tried not to overindulged too much, although it is up to the scale to tell the true tale. I mean I did eat food-food, but I did not have hardly any dessert other than a couple of pieces of cake. You can see the pic of the Italian Creme Rum Cake below. OMG, it was so damn good. Oh and how could I forget about the cocktails.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


These are a few photos of me trying to
show off my new ring over Thanksgiving!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


This is Superstar Nic

A Lot Closer 2 Ecstasy and I'm out!

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!"
 
posted by Superstar Nic at 1:14 AM, |

11 Comments:

OH YEA! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! AWWW GIRLIE!!!!

Another one swept off their feet in a years time!!! Welcome to the club!!

When's the date and will be get a blow by blow of the planning?

Awww sista! Many Many Happy Days for you!

2007 should give us MORE good blogging from you!!!

Again Congratulations!
CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for your engagement...

My Christmas was great... glad yours was too!
  At 12/28/2006 11:59 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
CONGRATS! I'm truly happy for you. I love to see Black Love. You look so happy in the pictures.
I read you often, but have never commented. Congratulations on your engagement!! I am so happy for you!!! Your future hubby is very lucky. Best of luck to you.
AWWWWWWWWWW!!! I'm gonna cry I'm sooo happy for you LOL....Congrats!!!

Happy New Year and tell that man he is very blessed to have you!!!

Although I'm sure he knows that LOL
Congratulations on your engagement! He's lucky to have you.

Have a Happy New Year!
  At 12/30/2006 12:24 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Excuse the Anon Posting. Blogger still wont let me log in on my home computer, but...

YAY! CONGRATULATIONS!

Best of luck on your PhD and upcoming marriage! So proud of you, like I know you, or something! LOL

Happy Holidays!

-ChezNiki
Loved the photos. You and your fiance look so beautiful together.

Wishing you all the best in 2007!

Love,
Deb
How fabulous is this news?! Congratulations and best wishes in 2007!
  At 1/15/2007 5:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
CONGRATULATIONS XTC ON THE ENGAGEMENT!!! Girl I just want to call you!!!..lol. I am about to cry girl, I am so happy for you!!
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
i've been away forever...but have't forgotten u
and i am so happy 4 u