Obama elected nation's 44th president

Tuesday, November 04, 2008



Democrat Barack Obama wins the presidential election, CNN projects, setting him up to become the first African-American president. I never thought that I'd see the day. In my dreams I couldn't even imagine that I would see an African American president.

This is a day that I will be someday be able to tell my children about. I could just laugh, cry, dance, shout. I'm in total awe...

What a day. November 4, 2008. I'm sitting here waiting for President-elect Obama for take the stage at Grant Park in Chicago. Wait...here he comes. Gotta go!!

I will never forget this moment...








These photos below are those of Christine Farris King, who is the sister of slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. (C), wipes away tears as Rev. Al Sharpton (L) and Rev. Raphael Warnock celebrate after the announcement U.S. Democratic presidential nominee Obama (D-IL) had been elected president while awaiting results at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia, November 4, 2008.




Labels:

 
posted by Superstar Nic at 11:24 PM, |

4 Comments:

Hey! I didn't even know you were writing again!

This is one proud day! One proud day!
Yeah that was definitely a historic day. I slept a whole lot better after that night.
  At 2/24/2009 1:58 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
u are so sweet and dear.

plz visit tajmahal in india and be my lovely friend for life.

rajat agrawal
agra.rajat@gmail.com
Hi,

May be, it was a great and special day. we want to try this.
____________
Free Web Directory, Seo Services, Link Building